My company's latest purchase..

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Several years ago I passed one of those things on the interstate with a license plate that said "Kaboom."

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the Bav is a safer bet than a Pinto. A different Buyer bought the Pinto, but we do try to buy what we consider good cars. We might make $1000 on it or lose $300, I guess we'll see. If I remember I'll post a follow up after it sells.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan, that thing is pretty freaking sweet! Now, if you could only source some NOS Firestone 721 tires for it... "Seven, around two, wrapped by one"

Ed

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's here, and I think it's Chamonix! LOL

IMG_20190924_090624106_HDR.jpg

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Years ago the girls killed from rear end collision went to my high school. That was the event making national news and starting the huge recall and what not for ford.
I live right near the location of the accident.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got this one. Weird damage. It looks like it was parked and something backed into it. Two vertical bars about an inch wide?
Dan, take a look at the intermediate shaft bearing. this series of engine in the 911 + boxster is plagued by the IMS bearing failure ... which will lunch the engine if it goes. do a little research on it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan, take a look at the intermediate shaft bearing. this series of engine in the 911 + boxster is plagued by the IMS bearing failure ... which will lunch the engine if it goes. do a little research on it.
Yes, we're aware of the IMS issues. The first Boxster I bought for parts had a bad bearing, which prompted me to do research. The engine sounds really good but they'll get it up and check it out really good also.