My "new" '71 2800cs

doubledutch

Reaction score
Bought my first E9 coupe this week after 5 years of looking on and off, so after 5 hours of washing, waxing, polishing and any other elbow grease you can imagine here the results. The good; car is looking great for my standards (not claiming any best in show status here) the bad; some rust spots that needs attention, wood veneer and dash cracked here and there and now the only working window, the passenger side, stopped working now too.... oh well it wouldnt be fun if it wasn't a work in progress... overall i am MORE than pleased!
Cheers
Pieter

ps somewhat limited with the amount of pix i can post, i have plenty more

Attachments

• DSC_0493.jpg
    DSC_0493.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0496.jpg
    DSC_0496.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0497.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0485.jpg
    DSC_0485.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC_0499.jpg
    DSC_0499.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 267

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Congratulations...the car looks really nice.

How are the front strut towers, can you post pictures of those? I've got some bubbles showing on my car so there is work in my future.

Good luck with it!

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beautiful color. Is that granatrot? Interior seats and side panels look to be in excellent shape. Welcome to the clinic.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a Malaga coupe and loved it but that's just as nice if not nicer a color - congrats

Dino944

Reaction score
Bought my first E9 coupe this week after 5 years of looking on and off, so after 5 hours of washing, waxing, polishing and any other elbow grease you can imagine here the results. The good; car is looking great for my standards (not claiming any best in show status here) the bad; some rust spots that needs attention, wood veneer and dash cracked here and there and now the only working window, the passenger side, stopped working now too.... oh well it wouldnt be fun if it wasn't a work in progress... overall i am MORE than pleased!
Cheers
Pieter

ps somewhat limited with the amount of pix i can post, i have plenty more

Hey Neighbor,

Congrats on your CS. Very nice color. Several years ago I saw one in Long Island in the roughly the same color, but it had been neglected for far too long. Yours looks great. I hope you have lots of fun (driving and tinkering) with it this summer.

Best regards,
Dino