My New Baby Is On Its Way!

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It was collected this morning in Switzerland and loaded in a truck. It will head up to The Netherlands where it will be put in a container and loaded on a ship headed for Seattle.

The seller was kind enough to send these pictures of the car as it was loaded. You may notice that he replaced that large cow catcher he had on the car with an air dam that looks much more period correct. Yeah!! He saved me the trouble.

FT2002Transport_5.jpg

FT2002Transport_6.jpg

FT2002Transport_4.jpg

FT2002Transport_3.jpg

FT2002Transport_2.jpg

FT2002Transport_1.jpg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks awesome. No snorkel ;) Moving from the Alps to the PNW. It will feel right at home.
Enjoy!

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Might be time to check out a winery down south of Portland. LOL

Looking great. Once this COVID thing is put to (mostly) rest - will be great to get out and be able to visit.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
So nicely finished. Looking forward to the track video.

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A quick update on the new car. It is currently stuck on a ship outside Long Beach. With all the COVID stuff the shipping system is in real turmoil. There are currently over 40 ships at anchor outside Long Beach waiting to get in and unload over 200,000 containers. The ship my car is on is among them.

Following it's stop in Long Beach it still has to head north to Seattle, They are now saying Feb. 27th is its expected arrival.

IMG_D4D363727557-1.jpeg

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Progress! The ship has moved into the dock. I'm not sure how long it will be there before it heads north again. My friend Jim has a car coming from France and his ship is now sitting up outside Oakland waiting to get to the dock to unload. Seems like all the ports in CA are backed up! If my ship has to stop there it will be a further delay.

IMG_28B25C442C7E-1.jpeg

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Finally got to the dock in Alameda. Containers are being transferred then on to Seattle. They say the ship will be in Seattle on Sunday. Once the car is unloaded it will have to clear customs before we can pick it up.

MSCRomane@Okland.jpg

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Outstanding car! Almost home! I think Fischer's primary product in period was those "CBox" cassette holders.

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So close, yet so far!! The ship is passing off the coast directly west of our house today. I could probably see it if it weren't a typical balmy spring day here- rain and wind. I gave passing thought to playing the pirate and going out after it, but . . .

Ship is headed to Vancouver, BC before coming back south to Seattle. Maybe this coming week sometime? Stay tuned!

IMG_3746EE0605CB-1.jpg

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well we finally made it to Seattle. It should take a few days to unload the car, then a few more to get through customs. My container was selected for x-ray inspection, and that will add a few more days. Hopefully next week I'll be able to go up and pick it up.

seattle.jpg