My survivor 1970 2800 CS - Tundra

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello,

this is my 1970 2800 CS, Tundra, a 32,000 kms car (when I bought it three weeks ago). First owner from 1970 to 2000, the second owner has a coach shop (from whom I bough it), made 6000 km in 14 years, he has sold me the car just because of health issues. A completely original car, never restored, and with a Becker Grand Prix too mated with a cassette player. I had several classic cars so far but no one preserved as well as this one. I've just done a service and replaced the spark plug wires, the car drives flawlessy.

Francesco

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 413
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 446
  • ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 405
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 384
  • ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
More photos.

Attachments

• ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 391
  • ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 375
  • ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 370
  • ScreenShot011.jpg
    ScreenShot011.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 393
  • ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 363

shanon

Reaction score
Nice and congrats.

Wonder if the Italian delivery cars saw more velour spec'd for the climate.
I know i prefer cloth at 85+ degrees.

Enjoy!

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you guys.

Actually, before purchasing the car, I was wondering to do some easy modifications (basically wheels), but now I’m not sure of that anymore. Indeed, differently from U.S./UK/France/Germany/Switzerland etc. what we have here are basically nasty roads which don’t mate well with old suspensions and low profile tires, so I’m definitely abandoning this idea.

Velour: in my experience, here in Italy one car only on five has leather interiors, and generally that car is not a 2800 but a 3.0CS or CSi. I don’t know if because of the purchasing price or of climate reasons, but I could guess that, as the air conditioning was very rare back then, cloth interiors are more user friendly with hot and cold climates.

About the driving experience, the only critic goes to the steering wheel which has a beautiful design, but in the meantime it has a ring too thin (and I don’t have big hands): the car has the power steering so I don’t need neither a big diameter wheel. I think that I’ll hold it at home but I’ll replace it on the car with a proper Petri or Momo.

From an aesthetic p.o.v., the only thing I don’t like is the gap between the front wheels (which are equipped with a period set of Fulda tires, 195/70-14) and their fenders: btw, is it a wrong impression or the 3.0 C.S.I. was more “slammed” on the front end from factory?

m73

Reaction score
That's very clean, original paint? I have a momo steering wheel and enjoy it with the power steering...you could always go back to original, and I would research suspension for a long time before making changes.

Nice car,

MF

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stunning in its paint, interior and originality. I have a wood Nardi which complements the rest of the wood.
I would do nothing! My Italian CS had blue velour. Sold the somewhat worn velour when I purchased a parts car. I would have loved to swap the grey velour from the parts car but it was shot. fortunately, the parts car came with a set of front and rear tan leather seats. I would take velour any day.