Need Clips for the window

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks.
There are actually 2 different types. Do you know the other type.
I hope someone local has these?
I am trying La Jolla, Carl Nelson.

Sorry, if I remember correctly I’ve only used the clips in the W&N link for my door chrome sills. I used only three clips/side to make it easier to remove them again, if needed at a later point, also to prevent scratching the paint on the door more than needed. Don’t know where the other type of clips are supposed to go?
My car didn’t have any clips on the rear side window chrome sills, and I didn’t need any when installing them either.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, if I remember correctly I’ve only used the clips in the W&N link for my door chrome sills. I used only three clips/side to make it easier to remove them again, if needed at a later point, also to prevent scratching the paint on the door more than needed. Don’t know where the other type of clips are supposed to go?
My car didn’t have any clips on the rear side window chrome sills, and I didn’t need any when installing them either.

Yeah the rear chrome piece has that rubber block that the chrome trim fits over, then you screw the part in from the door jamb. Unless they intentionally removed the rubber block, it is likely still on the car.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've used the ones from Walloth successfully. They do scratch the paint, so I filled the cavity around it full of grease to try and limit the effect of the 'scratch'.
Mind you I lost my (right side outer front window) trims on the highway. It simply flew off and was flattened by a truck wheel a second later. So going for a minimal number of clips could have a downside.....

As Markos notes, also my rear outer trim attaches one side with a screw in a black plastic (not rubber in my case) block; the other end hooks behind the rain gutter trim.

Erik.