Need Help With Priceing

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the maket for an E9 Ltd Slip Differential. I have found one but not sure what I should pay.
Thanks in advance.
Koopman

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hard to say. Anything under $1k is good. I think $1500 is average, but not sure how many actually sell for that. I doubt anything over $1500 actually sells (like those ones >$2k on ebay).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hard to say. Anything under $1k is good. I think $1500 is average, but not sure how many actually sell for that. I doubt anything over $1500 actually sells (like those ones >$2k on ebay).

Sweet! I paid $400 for my 3.25. :D

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Harry

Depends on the ratio
I’d say a 3.07 side loader LSD’s are worth a bit less than a higher numerical ratio because they are too tall for most when paired with a 5spd OD transmission. If you have twin turbos, stock 4spd or CR 5 spd then those long legged ratios are desirable. The 3.25 is special and I’m not qualified to comment on them.

Used and unproven: I’d guess $500 For a 3.25/3.07 and $800-$900 for a 3.64 or 3.45 ratio

If they are rofessionally rebuilt I’d add $1000.

That’s my two cents

John

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Harry

Depends on the ratio
I’d say a 3.25 or 3.07 side loader LSD’s are worth a bit less than a higher numerical ratio because they are too tall for most when paired with a 5spd OD transmission. If you have twin turbos, stock 4spd or CR 5 spd then those long legged ratios are desirable.

Used and unproven: I’d guess $500 For a 3.25/3.07 and $800-$900 for a 3.64 or 3.45 ratio

If they are rofessionally rebuilt I’d add $1000.

That’s my two cents

John

I think your numbers are particularly low on the 3.25. I'm not biased because I have bought one (with no intention of selling), it's just that it is the factory CSI/CSL diff ratio - and they are hard to come by. With that said not many people are after them, so their price isn't of much concern here. :)

Wladek

Reaction score
In Europe prices are around 600 EUR for not rebuild LSD side-loader (marginal difference in price depending on diff ratio).
I think 3.25 is rarest & best choice for Injected e9's with stock 4-speed, but 3.45 because of better fit to 5-speed conversion might be more desirable even in Injected cars.
I think price of 3.25 = 3.45, other are less worth.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Koopman -- you probably know this, but I would caution you to get a picture of the S stamped on the dif before you pay for it. I have encountered sellers who misrepresented what they were offering, having been told by "their mechanic" that they had a limited slip differential.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Koopman -- you probably know this, but I would caution you to get a picture of the S stamped on the dif before you pay for it. I have encountered sellers who misrepresented what they were offering, having been told by "their mechanic" that they had a limited slip differential.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Harry