New CSL FS Downunder

Wladek

Reaction score
Or it have original City Pack, or something is wrong. Later type black window switches (from E24) assume that newer type window motors are mounted, modern seat belts, black wiper arms.

Last edited:

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems based on the auction write up it has a replacement non matching number engine (from a CS) and has had a color change from Fyord to Polaris. Would this have any real impact on value?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would venture color change and non matching engine is a 35-40k haircut.
Non matching vin is a deal killer for many.
More of a curiosity than a collectible.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
...also seems that the wiring harness has been changed too given later model window switches , wooden cluster surround ( with fog lamp light ) , circuit breakers and some under dash trim . Replacement engine is from a "cs "( not csi) but auction house is now aware and will alert buyer(s) . Still, CSL shell is one of only 500 RHD so who knows.

shanon

Reaction score
Note: Shannons advise that all potential buyers research all vehicles before purchase to authenticate originality.

sorry....just couldn't resist. ;-)

Looks nice and ready to be enjoyed.

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
sold AU$155K - they streamed the auction live which was pretty cool to watch (I work at an old school auction house with a shouty man with a gavel and a room full of bidders!) old metal garage signs seemed to be fetching outrageous money too!

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you include the 5% buyer premium, it equates to about £94k which is a strong price compared to matching numbers RHD Csl cars recently sold in U.K.
Considering it didn't have the correct Csl engine, was missing the Petri, had had a paint color change and not to mention a few missing trim bits and other details I doubt it would have got quite as much if sold in U.K.
Although classic cars are always at a premium Downunder, therefore this was a very fair price for an Aus based Csl. The new owner should be pleased with this buy. The interior was particularly neat and tidy.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mal

If this car was sold in the uk, it would be lucky to reach 60/70k GBP...I think

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Something (several things actually) doesn't seem quite right about this CSL.
I'd want to be taking a real close look at the area around the chassis number stamp to satisfy myself that it's genuine, if i was the buyer

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Something (several things actually) doesn't seem quite right about this CSL.
I'd want to be taking a real close look at the area around the chassis number stamp to satisfy myself that it's genuine, if i was the buyer

I viewed this car. (RHD car number 120). Stamp on chassis looked legit and correct stamping. Also the Vin plate was the origional. I don't think there were any concerns. Although I wonder where the engine for 120 is? And if it's still alive.