New daily: e46 Touring

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
89FFAEEB-E288-4CED-9891-B11CC616B40D.jpeg
I had been jonesing after one of these for a long time. Finally found a perfect shape one from an old lady who had it since new. 155k miles so the mechanicals are getting old but it was always garaged here in CA so the body and the nice two tone interior are perfect. It’s a slush box car but at least it has the steptronic/pretend-manual and 5 or 6 speed swap is always an option. Although for a DD it is not so urgent.

F8183B93-EC4B-4D17-87A4-7E97E4641445.jpeg

53CEFB4D-670A-4385-AC11-4CF8D8BC0017.jpeg

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just needs some e46 sport seats; we had a couple of dd's for my wife, and the regular seats are horrible. An otherwise good and good looking estate car....I love the size and have to admit to also looking for same...I like my volvo, but I loved our e46. Most are driven to death, unfortunately...yours looks great!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna sell mine. It is a great car. Holds a Sheepdog very well with a view out the back. 5 speed, Mystic Blue with Black Sport Pack, 330i brakes,Bigger sway bars, no sunroof, Xenons, HK, factory nav. Located in Toronto

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had been jonesing after one of these for a long time. Finally found a perfect shape one from an old lady who had it since new. 155k miles so the mechanicals are getting old but it was always garaged here in CA so the body and the nice two tone interior are perfect. It’s a slush box car but at least it has the steptronic/pretend-manual and 5 or 6 speed swap is always an option. Although for a DD it is not so urgent.

View attachment 109563

View attachment 109564

View attachment 109565
That looks very clean. Always liked that color.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You said that this would be a dd, but it sounds like it's creeping into project car territory. Congratulations on a great buy!
Haha. We can’t stop ourselves can we?

Not to worry. All I want to do to this one is swap for a 5 speed, upgrade to a 3.0 motor, change the interior color, install a rear view camera and install an H&R sport suspension. Nothing more. Promised. ;-)

Compared to coupe work, this is going to be a walk in the park.

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Haha. We can’t stop ourselves can we?

Not to worry. All I want to do to this one is swap for a 5 speed, upgrade to a 3.0 motor, change the interior color, install a rear view camera and install an H&R sport suspension. After that, it’s all done. ;-)

Compared to coupe work, this is going to be a walk in the park.
When I bought mine, I had plans to go full M3 conversion, then realized there were quite a bit of electronics involved that I'd never figure out. With the 2.5 and stick, it has the perfect engine response to be going the speed limit all the time. Such a smooth engine.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I bought mine, I had plans to go full M3 conversion, then realized there were quite a bit of electronics involved that I'd never figure out.
The M3 touring conversion was a dream started by bmw when they created their one off prototype. But once you look deeper into what it would take to make it correctly, you realize that it is a huge amount of work... Here is a video which outlines what it takes just for the body part. I’m not a fan of the “presenter” but he and his body man go over quite a few interesting details that one might not think about at first.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna sell mine. It is a great car. Holds a Sheepdog very well with a view out the back. 5 speed, Mystic Blue with Black Sport Pack, 330i brakes,Bigger sway bars, no sunroof, Xenons, HK, factory nav. Located in Toronto
Forgot to ask, Bob... why are you selling yours?

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I too had a manual 330d touring as a daily driver some 10 years ago, I really liked that car and have recently been looking for a nice one to DD, but finding a clean e46 seems very difficult around here with all the salt that's been eating on them, and all the abuse from teenagers that lowered them and slapped huge wheels on them etc. etc. :D

e46 330d.jpg e46 330d 1.jpg