New England - Greenwich Concours d'Elegance

duane_sword

Reaction score
friends and coupe-fans.

I have never attended the Greenwich Concours... and from the website the caliber of cars are exceptional and in a completely "different league" to my coupe.

I love my coupe, but I know what it is not.

It is not original (many upgrades, albeit from the era with Alpina elements, but this is not a B2 Alpina)

It is very very clean, but not concours.

I would drive in the coupe to the event - whereas I imagine most other cars will be in heated trailers with "handlers".

I doubt my coupe is worthy for Greenwich, but I welcome encouragement otherwise.

As an Australian I am very accustomed to being made fun of... so I have a thick skin.

Reaction score
I saw a couple of nice E9's in the car park last year but there was only one on the stand (nachtblau with black). Judging by your photo's you needn’t be too leery...

Attachments

• E9 Green.jpg
    E9 Green.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 211
  • E9 polaris.jpg
    E9 polaris.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
Greenwich

Duane,

I showed there last year parked next to Jamie Kitman's Tii. There is an application process and you have to be invited but I have no doubt you could get in. If you are interested, I urge you to start the application process now.

Its a long day if you go down and back all on one day, but its a fun event and one you should go to with your coupe. Apply now!

nealf

Reaction score
5 years back...a bunch of E9's

met up and had our coupes there...there was a CSL in the show, another CS as well asa CSL in the Christies auction...

LenS
John
MichaelB

and me, NealF

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm going for it, and I think we should all apply. I don't know about you folks, but I've never seen a coupe that I didn't like. After all how else are we going to get respect for our coupes if we subscribe to a theory that we don't belong?

Further if you don't apply Duane, we shall all hold you responsible for keeping our "ace e9"
on the bench and letting the team down (lol)!!

Concours aside, is this still an event we can find space to all meet up in?

Chuck

TodB

Reaction score
Greenwich

They allow a limited number of cars and further limit the number of models within a marque. They also do not allow you to show within the same 3 year period which I think is great. Both Duane and Chuck should have no problem getting accepted as long as there are still spots open. Good coupe resume fodder.

Little bit of a hoity toity crowd, with a fair number of odd, rich (CT) folk with too much $ but a nice chance to see a good variety of different cars in a nice setting just the same.

anthony

Reaction score
I'd like to go but my e9 probably wouldn't pass the "vetting". Is there someplace near the show ground where we could all meet up? Anthony

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Tod. Like Anthony, I think it would be great meet-up for us.

Anyone here planning on going as an e9 meet-up?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd like to go but my e9 probably wouldn't pass the "vetting". Is there someplace near the show ground where we could all meet up? Anthony

That would be nice. My coupe looks great from about 10' away. I couldn't show it but would like to visit with like-minded car enthusiasts.

Maybe a decent restaurant or hotelfor those of us staying overnight?
There is a Fairfield Inn about 4 miles away. They are usually inexpensive and offer free breakfast.
Also Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford They too usually offer complimentary breakfast
26 Mill River Street, Stamford, Connecticut, USA 06902
Tel: 1-203-353-9855 Fax: 1-203-353-1927

Last edited:

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I showed my coupe 3 years ago and took an award; waiting to hear back about this year's show. Nothing yet, which doesn't bode well; they may want to freshen the field for this year. Duane, you should definitely enter your car...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Checking to learn the level of interest as we approach the date
I am likely going unless rain is forecast.
Driving down from Portsmouth NH

anthony

Reaction score
I'll be there barring rain - parking lot of your choice Stan?
I'll be coming from Putnam Cnty N.Y.

anthony

Reaction score
I wouldn't be staying overnite, but did look online for hotel options. The Hampton Inn is probably the cheapest/best solution, although the parking is indoors except for the roof level of the garage (coupes on the roof!). They have a special rate that weekend of 75$/day including breakfast.

A little more upmarket and closer is the Rye Town Hilton for 179$/nite including breakfast (159$ without).

I tried to find a Fairfield Inn nearby but couldn't.