New from Oregon

brammo

Reaction score
I have owned two E9's and four 2002's over the years. I currently only have a 2 wheeled BMW - HP2 Sport.

I am looking for a car, trying to decide whether to buy one restored or a project. I have some silly ideas in mind (one electric OH NO, and one very BMW restomod'ish) I might just want a fully restored ready to drive one. Can not decide.

If you have a great car you want to sell, drop me a line!

I used to build the Ariel Atoms for the US market, sold that on to TMI and currently build the Brammo Enertia and Empulse.

Learned a lot already on the board - great info.

Cheers.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome , those are interesting products you have experience with and are involved in. I rode a couple of Zero Motorcycles a few years ago when they came to Toronto with some demos. Lot's of Torque. Now I'd like to try a Brammo. I also made Electric vehicles in Montreal as a young adult (Marathon Electric Vehicles). As for electrifying an E9.... well mine will stay as a testament to the Glory of Gas burning. I think your best bet if hunting for an E9 is to check in here often. I found mine after a couple of years looking through a forum member Lead and had mostly given up when the right car came up. You might also try scouring Craigslist with a program like Search Tempest. Not sure about CSi, but I sure see a lousy paint job on that Inka car on their website....for 29K unfinished.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome

I started with the same aspirations...and eventually bought a pristine original car, a restored CSL and a CSL in need of rust repair but a nice interior and a well known restomod. The restored CSL still needs some fiddling but the mechanical refreshing cost a few thousand. The original car is the best and needs the least. Nothing like factory. The taiga csl restoration has cost a fortune and I feel I've given my fair share of skin now to the e9 sickness. Even the restomod, jabberjaw, is in the middle of a costly redo/modification and interior cleaning up of design/execution details gone awry. It's all madness but I will tell you what everyone knows..buy a car that is already done that drives great and you love unless you just can't find what you have in mind but be prepared to pay a lot more to have any body/rust issue addressed. Welcome and share your car as you find it.
Chuck

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking that the name sounded familiar... then it hit me when the electric bikes were mentioned - Isle of Man TT!

Steve, is this a good enough "elaboration"? (found on their website)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 217

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well done, thanks. Now I can move on with my day!

I was thinking that the name sounded familiar... then it hit me when the electric bikes were mentioned - Isle of Man TT!

Steve, is this a good enough "elaboration"? (found on their website)

brammo

Reaction score
Thanks !

Hi All - thanks for the notes.

As for more elaboration, just google, "Brammo Girls" we have a few different groups depending on geography. It is a tough job so someone has to do it!

That sounds like great advice all the way around. I realize there is a vendor area and I might post there regarding CSI, seems more fitting now that I am finding my way around.

Chuck - I see another car on your list, the Panamera Turbo. I am considering the hybrid version as my "work" car, as I need to pick up investors, etc. etc. in a hybrid of some sort and the Tesla S is not shipping yet, so trying to find the greenest" fun car I can. The Panamera is 30MPG on highway, sort of suprising. I am still trying to find one, we dont have a Porsche dealer in Southern Oregon and they are a bit scarce. I sit like I am 6-5" due to a long torso and short legs, so finding sports cars that fit is what started my company... Long story - Anyway - how do you like the Panamera? Can I find out more about your restomod?

As for Jabberjaw, I saw those photos somewhere on the web and they are responsbile for re-igniting the E9 fire.

I think buying a car that is ready to go is smart, but I also realize I am not that smart, so the idea of a restomod might be very interesting! Especially if you can find one.

Lots to learn and lots of hunting to do. If you dont like Tempest, I have been just typing "BMW 3.0 CS site:craigslist.org" to get all the listings right in google.

Best,

Craig