New member !

Antonin

Reaction score
Hi all !

Many thanks for the registration !

My name is Anton, I live in Normandy, France.

I own a few classic cars (1970 Volvo 1800E, 1968 Volvo 142S, 1978 VW1303 convertible) and I'm looking for a nice 3.0 CS or CSI.
I'm looking for a +/- 30k€ car so with some care needed I guess.

Not many cars around here for sale, so this will take some time I'm afraid.

It seems like there is a crazy time for these cars these days in France, as soon one shows up , it get sold the day after !

Thanks for all the helpfull informations the forum gathers ! Nice !

See ya !

Anton

Antonin

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1603399313874.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Antonin, I grew up in Montreal where I found a Volvo P1800S. Was many years ago. I really enjoyed that car and would like to acquire another one someday. Your 1800E looks great :)

Antonin

Reaction score
Montreal, such a nice place ! I've been there a few times.
I was born in a small town near vancouver, now I live in France. Miss the maple leaf sometimes...
Volvo 1800 are lovely cars for sure.
Too bad Volvo did not think a 6 cylinder engine could be a better idea than a 4...
Well, You now know one of the several reason why I'm looking for a e9 !!
Have a great day,
Anton

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Good luck with your search. You might speed things up if you consider importing a car from the US. There are still reasonable examples to be had state side.

Antonin

Reaction score
Good luck with your search. You might speed things up if you consider importing a car from the US. There are still reasonable examples to be had state side.
Hello.
My volvo 1800 comes from the us. I managed the paperworks and the logistics ; it was quite a stressfull story. I did it because the US pricerange with these cars were miles away from the European prices... I took a chance.

It looks like US prices for E9 are very close of what we have in Europe.

So with shipping, taxes, paperworks and the risk of having a 'not-so-nice' car for €30/40k, I prefer to buy it local.

It will take time I know.
The covid lockdown does not help for sure....

Anton

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Anton,

Much luck with your search. I hope that you can find the car of your dreams. I believe that we are all hopefully waiting for our lives to return to a greater sense of normalcy. We’ve all been missing our car events and the ability to search for our next car. Finding a good e9 can be a challenge in itself. Double difficult in civic times