New owner of a 70 CS2800

carbuffs

Reaction score
Hi, this is a quick intro from a new E9 owner. I have always loved the E9 body style but never had the time or inclination to track one down. I lucked into this car after a call from a friend and a quick "I'll take it". I am a dealer in Concord and I use to see this car nearly daily as it was driven by the owner of a business near mine, he owned the car for 16 years. He sold it 3 years ago to a local gentleman who got sick and unfortunately passed away. The car was left sitting outside for approx. 2 years.

I now have the car and have been driving it daily. It has a newer engine, fuel injection and 5 speed. It also has 3.0 rear disc brakes and some suspension mods. The A/C compressor was updated and blows ice cold. I got the front power windows working yesterday and will have to get to the rears when I get time. I am meeting the man who installed the more modern running gear this weekend. I will have more specifics then. He did this conversion 16 years ago but I was told he remembers the car well.

I am really enjoying driving this car and am surprised at how many parts I was able to order from Concord BMW today. I had 2 offers to buy it today but held them off. I will eventually sell the car but I think I will at least keep this car through summer and maybe longer. I will have many questions and requests for parts and info and look forward to hopefully meet some of you in person. Does anyone have local get togethers in the Bay Area?

I will post more pics when I get a chance.

Thank you
Richie

Attachments

• bmwcs.jpg
    bmwcs.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 290

shanon

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome Richie.

Neat car.

There are a number of Coupers in the Bay Area & NorCal and many can be found lurking around here.
I used to live just down Hwy 24 from ya until last fall. Now and a few miles north of Chico.
Do a search for the 'Monte Diablo' on this board and it will give you some pics of the coupes floating around the 'relative' area.

-shanon
'70 2800cs - (the Great Pumpkin?)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds like a good find and a well sorted specimen. We used to have some get togethers in the area, that is of course if you don't sell the car...

ckrop

Reaction score
Love your color combo, keep it and enjoy when will you find another one like it?

P1010717.jpg

carbuffs

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I am really enjoying this car. I had 3 offers to purchase it today. Do you guys get the same thing while driving your cars? It probably doesn't help that I am driving it on a dealer plate.

I will try to get some better pics this weekend if I get time.

Also, I purchased the quarter glass seals from BMW. They are nothing like the flat pieces of rubber that came on the car originally and do not close the gap between my front window and quarter glass. My originals, while cracked, still close the gap fine. Does anyone make the flat rubber pieces like the originals?

Richie

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So there is a third "Concord" located in the Golden State. Don't tell Michelle, it will confuse her ever more and the CA location, heathen territory for those upper mid-westerners, is anathama.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Well I take back the "sorry" part. I am ready to be shunned or cast into the outer darkness.

carbuffs

Reaction score
Here is a quick look at my warehouse/dealership. As you can see I have a bad habit of seriously collecting anything I find the slightest interest in. I went from 1 Schwinn Stingray to 26 in 8 months. At 1 point a few years ago I went from 1 Firebird to a total of 11 Firebirds in a separate rented warehouse in only a year. All Firebirds are now gone and I am now looking at the E9 cars. Lucky for me they are not cheap and/or readily available and my wife clamped down on my collecting habit last year.:cry: But if anyone in the area wants to get together I have a great warehouse known locally as the "toy box" that I would be glad to open up for any gathering. Here is my website with contact info for anyone in the area. www.carbuffs.com

Richie

tawarehouse2.jpg

carbuffs

Reaction score
I saw that car on the showroom floor when I was buying parts for mine. Great looking car. I believe it belongs to the son of the owner of the dealership. The previous owner of my car that passed away was a salesman at Concord BMW. When I pulled in the parking lot a couple of weeks ago with it you would have thought everyone had seen a ghost.:eek:

carbuffs

Reaction score
I took a few more pics on the way home from work tonight. It was getting dark so I only got a few.

Attachments

• DSC_6748.jpg
    DSC_6748.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_6745.jpg
    DSC_6745.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_6740.jpg
    DSC_6740.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC_6751.jpg
    DSC_6751.jpg