New Purchase

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Off topic, but I just purchased a 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville, 4 door. Estate sale, one family owned car. Documentation for ever, down to purchase and payment agreement when son bought car from his mother, with payment history by payment. Books from every maintenance expense, gas expense with cost per gallon. Car has been repainted once in 1996, still has perfect interior! Can't wait to get the grandkids involved, cleaning etc.

Cadillac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
In high school, mid 70's, a friend had a similar car, (~56 Cadillac) I think maybe it was a 2 door
he had it painted, purple with a gold roof

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
My dad had Cadillacs since I could remember. Know why I would never own one.....cause I had to wash that boat every Saturday. Just thinking of your grandchildren.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sweet!

This this is almost 2 feet longer than my wife’s minivan.
:D

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
My dad had 2, at the same time, early 70's 2 door Cadillacs, one had a gigantic motor, I think it was 500ci
They were super crappy cars

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, going to restore it and go Patina on it?

I'm afraid the chrome plating will cost you close to a cheap E9!

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, gas in left tail light, amazingly got it running and it definitely floats down the road. Thorough cleaning and detail and off it goes, not sure to auction or not.
Thanks for the replys

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a 1960 Cadillac Hearse a long time ago. The biggest car I had ever seen. Had Lucite crosses that lit up when you opened the door. It was from California and an eccentric guy bought it there, had it fixed up and drove it back to Montreal with his kids for the heck of it. Then it sat in his driveway...for a very long time. When I bought it off him for $375 as I recall, it had no exhaust, hubcaps , and California sun faded Black paint. It also smoked quite a bit. I drove it home to my Mum's condo and when I got home she asked my why my lips were Blue? Apparently I had breathed a lot of Carbon Monoxide, basically passed out and was quite hung over. The Condo board kicked my car out of the facility shortly after. It was also the only car we had owned that the Dog would not go into. Ended up driving it to a friend's Mom's farm to park it ....It almost did not make it and from there it was stolen!! I like your Caddy. Must have some stories in that old car.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
...as I recall, it had no exhaust, hubcaps , and California sun faded Black paint. It also smoked quite a bit. I drove it home to my Mum's condo and when I got home she asked my why my lips were Blue? Apparently I had breathed a lot of Carbon Monoxide, basically passed out and was quite hung over. The Condo board kicked my car out of the facility shortly after. It was also the only car we had owned that the Dog would not go into...

Other than that, was it a pretty nice car? ;)