Newbie saying Hi

Gt2200

Reaction score
Thanks for adding me to the forum, I've lurked in the background for a couple of years, but thought I should really join in as well as joining the BMW Club GB, 'yes' I'm this side of the pond!

Many fond memories of seeing E9's in Europe as a kid, the odd CSL (more whilst tagging along with Dad at European Touring Car events). I currently own a 'modern' E39 M5, but have a real hankering for a CSL, looking for guidance and hoping you guys don't mind if I fire out plenty of questions along the way.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i know of a couple of very nice CSL's but they are in the 240 - 250k range ... but they are both very excellent coupes. it used to be that you could find a 100k CSL, but i think those days are long gone. now its hard to find a rust bucket CSL because of the upside of restoring them. excellent CS / CSi are now in the 80k to 120k range, although you can find very nice examples in the 45k to 75k range ... then there is the great majority of nice drivers that are in the 25k to 45k range, some with rust lurking.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well that's another thing all together. there are some great forum members on that side of the pond who can point you in the right direction ... sure they will jump on the bandwagon

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. I really good group of enthusiast. By the way, curious how many women are in the group? Any ideas?