brettsul

Reaction score
Hi,
I got a 1970 2800cs a few months ago and have been having a blast ever since. I've put 2000 miles on it already with some nice big trips to blow out the cobwebs and get my 'to-do' list in order. Now bunkering down for winter I've started on the job list. No doubt posting questions soon.
Brett

Attachments

• 4d8ea443f712d82862d5edc27eb7bb2f--euro-.jpg
    4d8ea443f712d82862d5edc27eb7bb2f--euro-.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 234

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,
I got a 1970 2800cs a few months ago and have been having a blast ever since. I've put 2000 miles on it already with some nice big trips to blow out the cobwebs and get my 'to-do' list in order. Now bunkering down for winter I've started on the job list. No doubt posting questions soon.
Brett

I love your color. It is gorgeous. Love to know more about it. I have driven my vehicle on several lengthy trip and having the time of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettsul

Reaction score
I found it in Italy earlier in the year. It is a 4-speed, 90K kilometres on the clock. The car was in very good general condition, virtually no rust (bit at top of front shocks which I've since sorted), interior had recently been reupholstered so was very comfortable, everything else is very stock. No AC, no radio. I replaced all fluids, went with waterless coolant, swapped out alternator and coil which were underperforming, and put in a 123 Electronic Ignition to get the basics freshened up. Engine is solid, CYL 1 pressure bit too low compared to the rest so that's on the list. Rear windows dont really work - they sometimes make an effort! Ive pulled them apart and have sourced new motors. On the list. The list no doubt will be a work in progress. As you would know the car is a conversation starter no matter where you drive or park. I used to have a 2002 Tii (wish I didn't sell that years ago!) and longed for an E9 in this color. So the adventure begins.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous color. I am getting my car repainted and I was going to do in black again but you are making me rethink it. Gorgeous. I assume that is an original color?

brettsul

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous color. I am getting my car repainted and I was going to do in black again but you are making me rethink it. Gorgeous. I assume that is an original color?

Yes, it is the original color - it had a respray about 5 years ago.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Grear photography - beautiful subject.

Your leather is stunning. What a fantastic color combo!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful car, welcome to the forum. I'd start a conversation with you if you parked nearby, too! Congratulations.