Nice tundra in SFBay

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The paint almost looks like Tundgave. Love the wheels. Love the color of the Recaros. Wish the rears matched. Paging @HB Chris. Is that exterior floor paint all original?

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The paint almost looks like Tundgave. Love the wheels. Love the color of the Recaros. Wish the rears matched. Paging @HB Chris. Is that exterior floor paint all original?
I am eager to know as well! I doubt the exterior under the floor pans paint to be original.
There is no evidence of proper rust repair! No picture of the common rust areas either . A little over priced I would say ....

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since a repaint was noted I'm guessing overspray on the floors, intentional or not - so, it seems no removal of drivetrain/suspension components, which would preclude any metal repair. In my book, if the front outer fenders don't come off to assess/repair that (usually) unhappy area, the word 'restoration' is not allowed in the description - which to the seller's credit, is not used. Like my favorite pet peeve term 'sympathetic restoration' whatever that is. Just my opinion of course, I expect others will chime in on a different level.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paging sfdon, who is minutes away. Normally I hate gold BBS wheels, but they really work on this car! IF it is relatively dry, car is well worth the ask IMO. Big IF.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correct - just a few minutes away. Anyone is interested I would take a look for them.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The original floors were that khaki color usually sprayed with grey undercoat and overspray from the exterior usually found its way onto the underside near the rockers. Looks Tundra to me in pic 5, others like Agave and Amazon.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Since a repaint was noted I'm guessing overspray on the floors, intentional or not - so, it seems no removal of drivetrain/suspension components, which would preclude any metal repair. In my book, if the front outer fenders don't come off to assess/repair that (usually) unhappy area, the word 'restoration' is not allowed in the description - which to the seller's credit, is not used. Like my favorite pet peeve term 'sympathetic restoration' whatever that is. Just my opinion of course, I expect others will chime in on a different level.

Mmm...I'm not quite in agreement. If a boroscope finds the inner fenders to be solid, with nothing blistering, then having virgin front fenders is a plus IMHO and the car can still be properly restored.

restart

Reaction score
Saved ad

77C264A7-3F38-486B-BCD6-887D4A689C4E.jpeg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
With all the engine work listed, I'd have thought a few snaps of the engine compartment would be included. I do like the underside (from the pics) though.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice looking 72 3.0cs just came up on CL in my neighborhood (SF Bay Area) .
I do not know the owner.
Looks like a pretty legit California car though, from the pictures, Color is listed as Tundra ?