NMNA- 72 CSi FS

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great looking car. But Dude, where’s my engine compartment? Not getting near $75K with this look:

A5C5DDF2-F491-4FFA-BD09-DF5DED455FA7.jpeg

I don’t get it. I would think for a few thousand $$ one could do a decent tidy of the engine compartment with it in place or for a little more pull the motor and do it right.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
overall it looks quite decent. i have known the owners of motorcar studio for a while, they are good and straightforward guys. was thinking about going to take a look at this, but i do not like the black engine compartment. a little surface rust on the back side of the chin (in front of the engine - nothing bad ... curious about the floorboards next to the frame rails. looks like the undercoating has come off, but should be verified. well presented car.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just the photo angle but does it look like the front bumper is mounted too low?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Same dealer In Atlanta that had that VIN swapped coupe that I had @m5bb go take a look at about a year ago.

I was the one calling a duck a duck in that listing. I still wouldn’t use that car to define this dealership. They have listed tons of really nice e3’s and e9’s over the years. This one looks pretty nice. I still couldn’t being myself to paying $75K on a car with an autozone engine bay.

Despite the black paint, the engine

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And strange that it has a York compressor on the motor with no belt and no A/C unit inside the cabin. Why do owners even spray black the wiper linkages and relays as well?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Always like to know the story behind a missing front tow hook. Pulled off, car lifted at that point?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, busy working on other stuff guys so did not see this till now.
Yes, the guys at Motorcar are really nice, friendly and I've always felt pretty honest.
They have a good reputation in town.
After the coupe with the swapped VIN that I found I would think they would be more careful.
I noticed photo of both VIN locations, and they match. Yay!
Money talks, good bones just some funky stuff done by a owner and I can't say that I know this car even though I travel in the SE area.
The one photo is at the Biltmore estate in Asheville NC and I have been to a number car events there. Some BMW only and some mixed.
I cruised the photo and recognized some cars but don't think I was there that day.
The cost to fix that engine compartment would be substantial. So sell it like it is.
I could talk to them and ask questions and visit the car if anyone here is interested.
Gary
Atlanta