NMNA Nice 74(?) BAV FS in CT

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Spotted this nice Bavaria on CL. Listing says it's a 74. Looks to be a USA spec car. My guess is it's likely a 72. Great color and in very good original(?) condition. More detailed description and pictures would be helpful. NMNA

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Spotted this nice Bavaria on CL. Listing says it's a 74. Looks to be a USA spec car. My guess is it's likely a 72. Great color and in very good original(?) condition. More detailed description and pictures would be helpful. NMNA

Beautiful car!

I think many were titled the year they were sold. I know my Bavaria was built in July of 1971 and sold January of 72 and is titled as a 72.

This one could have been built the summer of 73 before the face lift and by the time it got over to the US and sold it was early 74.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Except that Bavaria has 72 bumpers, not 73 or 74. And your July 71 build date is consistent with a MY 72 Bavaria, they didn’t wait until September to start a new MY For the US. The first US 72 3.0CS were built in July of 71 as well. In the US the DOT/EPA sticker controls the MY, not when it was first sold.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is the car I purchased. Mis-posted as a 74 (a friend did it for him). September 72 build. I posted more details in New Member section.