No Reserve 1973 3.0CSI Project

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like it was a high school body shop project.

That looks like a bunch of primates were given tools to beat on the car.

Poor thing.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
glad i am not on the wrong side of that 'project'. one would think they would try to show that they have some of the trim / interior and the condition that is in. that is probably the only thing that might be worth buying. i sure wouldn't want the shell. this car had to be in some kind of a serious collision at some point in its poor life.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What the hell happened to the floors in the front?
There are no fabricated replacement parts for this section of compound shaped floor. This seller's solution was evidently to weld in some trapezoid shaped pieces of sheet metal and hammer stretch them into submission. If you could get the whole car onto an English wheel, one could smooth out that metal and you'd be surprised at how it might come out. But that is easier done before welding them into the car.

Would love to get a peek into all of those black bins. I have my own stacks of those same bins.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
That thing will never be a roadworthy car. What a mess.

You would be suprised about what some true professionals did on one of my project cars.

A car the metal of which was mostly rotten, up and down, front and back.

It's just a matter of how much do you want to spend on it: on a car like this you must put on the table nothing less than 125-150k for a job well done.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
my buddy doing work on my 55 Nomad, said he had a Chip Foose car in his shop and couldn't believe the mountain of bondo on the car.

Akin to that one E9 that had a ton of filler on the rear panel "restored" at an outside backyard-type shop.

I'm betting half the six-figure "restored" cars out there are perfumed hack job pigs.

2002turbo

Reaction score
Why would you even think about taking this on? It's a parts car, buy the bins, forget the body it's not worth the transportation.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
You would be suprised about what some true professionals did on one of my project cars.

A car the metal of which was mostly rotten, up and down, front and back.

It's just a matter of how much do you want to spend on it: on a car like this you must put on the table nothing less than 125-150k for a job well done.
That's a 1500 HR restoration at 170 HR and 40k in parts. Do the math...

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score

What the hell happened to the floors in the front?

Bring a new unibody....
Looks to me like the car took a good sized hit that was hard enough to buckle the floor

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's a 1500 HR restoration at 170 HR and 40k in parts. Do the math...

California hourly rate?

In Italy the 'best' panel beater/ bodyshop asks the half of that.

Of course the cost of the part remains basically the same.

Anyway, imagine if the same project was a 911S of the same year: it probably would have gone for three times the amount.

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh boy...

In my view the price may reflect the parts in the boxes. The value of the body I think is negative.
My best bet is to use the shell for banger racing, or build a roll cage in it and rally cross it.

For it to look good, it needs to new rear quarters (decent used ones are included in the sale), and a new rear valance. And a lot of the 'work' done has to be cut out & redone.
My biggest concern would be that with this type of work, one can only guess what is inside /below the weld seams; how much rust is hiding still, or how quick it will start to grow back. Rust is already popping out from under the black paint...

1653379470658.png

1653379551504.png

1653379584396.png

1653379868989.png

then again some suprises:
1653380012006.png

and he did get 3 of the more rare tools:
original red screwdriver with metal clip!
1653380173908.png

Last edited: