Numbers England , Scotland, and Wales

Malc

Reaction score
Recieved info from the Ministry of Transport today, Thank you Paul.
Anyway this is the numbers for cars legally on the road.
They differ from the numbers I posted before as those numbers included vehicles registered with the DVLA ,but not on the road. IE the dear old bucket!

Please note that the data is valid up to 30th March this year, so if you hadn't taxed your car by then your not included!!!!
I haven't a clue how areas are devided up but of interest to Dave and I..
There are 2 cars on the road in Scotland. If Dave taxed his car before 30th March then there is one other in Scotland....
Who are you?
where are you? (Aberdeen somewhere???)
I think we should be told! :wink:
Thanks to Joop for prompting this set of threads :)

I hope it's of interest.
Malc

DVLAlisting.gif

Dave B

Reaction score
"On the road" E9's

Hi Malc,

Well done for keeping on at the DVLA and obtaining the info. My car was not taxed until May this year - was previously on one of those SORN ( Statutory Off Road Notifications ) during the winter.

So, two E9's - other than mine and Malc's dear old bucket, are alive and well and taxed in Scotland!!

I wonder why so small an amount? Salted roads in winter, bad drivers on salted roads in winter ( why do they get caught out every year? :D lol ),
monstrous fuel prices, or the fact they are just bloody expensive cars to keep and the Scots are a traditionally tight bunch??!! ( not true though - just one of those stereotype things )

I would love to see the other E9's on the road - although not much chance I imagine. Maybe see one driven by Lord Lucan, pulling Shergar in a horsebox!!

Philip Slate

Reaction score
About three years ago I saw an E9 in Edinburgh. We were in a taxi going the opposite direction and didn't have time to get the particulars. That could be the missing link.

Quendil

Reaction score
I don't think those figures are correct as I taxed my CS in January and it is not showing on the list for Leicestershire.

Cheers

Dave

Paul T

Reaction score
Malc,

These figures make interesting reading but I am wondering how accurate they are - although I don't see how anyone can question your sources.

The reason I say this is that there were (I think) over 10 CSL’s at Silverstone last year, in fact I seem to remember someone saying that there were 13 on the day. I wonder whether there are typos and some of the CSI and CSL numbers have been merged.

Whether there are 10, 11 or 25 it is still an exclusive club.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=259a&.dnm=ec02.jpg&.src=ph

Paul

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
They seem very low to me, fair enough there will be a lot of cars on sorn but only if they have no MOT due to the £0 tax.

If the figures were for later in the year when cars come out of winter hibernation they would be much higher i feel.

It always surprises me how many coupes are about often in the hands of people who don't really know what they have got and therefore they don't tend to join in the forum/club etc.

Still it would be amazing if more than 10% i.e. 50 of the uk csl's were on the road and as there were off the top of my head about 200 csi's they are likely to be far rarer again!

Malc

Reaction score
Please be aware that this is the UK Gov numbers of cars legally on the road ie in possesion of a tax disk, mot and insurance as of the date.
Obviously there are cars hiding or only come out to "play" once in a while.
So I would concider these numbers to reflect "daily" drivers???

MAlc

marc

Reaction score
Paul thats me stood behind your car in picture 10 to the left as you look at it. My car is the silver csl in picture 28 second one in from the left as you look at it and in picture 16 im just in front of you to the left on the grid. I think I rember having a chat with you. small world.
marc

adamm

Reaction score
hi all, i've been "away" for a while (tinkering with an 02) but my CSi is still alive and well and living in and around Warwick/Leamington Spa. i never see any other CSs on the road - interesting that my car doesn't show on the DVLA list as it's not been off the road for a long while. wonder why this could be?

cheers

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Rarity of CS's on the road--even in SoCal

We don't have much salt on our roads--no need--and winter is not bad except when it rains--and lord forgive those foolish drivers that believe their whiz-bang stability system will provide absolute control in 2 inches of standing water on the roadway surface--if out and about you could be their target when they hydroplane--

anyhow here--where you see exotics and fine/costly new stuff all day--few CS's are seen driving about even here in the area of the world where there are as many in my garage as there are in Scotland at the moment--i.e. if your numbers are correct--and when out for exercize or display they will always invoke compliments on their beauty and design

Maybe it's the fires we have that keep them off the road--whatever--my suggestion to all--stay the course--and keep your steed groomed and in good running condition--before long only you and I will have one that is roadworthy to bring out and wow the pedestrians!!!

of course fuel may be scarce by then and a little more expensive than now--