NYC area coupe spotting

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Driving east bound on the LIE today. Looked like a black CS with amber/white headlamps. Anyone here??? If so, please make yourself known as we are planning a spring drive.

Perfect coupe driving weather here today in the NYC area. 70 degrees and light breeze. As a friend said, "feels like a Sacramento winter".

I can't recall a winter when I was able to drive the coupe in mid January.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

I was out in the CS this morning E495.... on my way to Huntington.

Beautiiful coupe weather today, just hope it it lasts without to much hell to pay, come Spring.

I have talked to a fellow name Richie Brown who has a black cs, tan interior in Westchester. There are at least 8 coupes in the area. I'll look forward to all of us getting together.

Best,

Chuck

DennisH

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

I could've been me. I was eastbound on the LIE from the Midtown Tunnel to the Van Wyck today, and my coupe is dark blue with white & amber headlamps. Just bought it yesterday.

Dennis

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was you I saw Dennis. You need to post some photos of the car.

Where did you pick it up?

DennisH

Reaction score
I bought it from Wit61. Found the "for sale" ad on this site, so now I'm in all of your debt. These cars are food for the soul, and what a day to open it up on the Ocean Parkway!

I'll post some pics as soon as I take a few of my own, but here's a link to the ad I found on this site: http://www.usmedix.com/for-sale/cs.htm

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll have the coupe out for a morning run tomorrow on Ocean Parkway. There is always an informal car gathering at the Captree parking lot. Mainly American iron, but also a few exotics. The coupe normally gathers a crowd.

Dennis please e-mail me directly as I want to make a reccomendation for a mechanic.

Great car...

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations Dennis; look forward to meeting you.

Michael, Chuck, heading down to south Jersey tomorrow to get the coupe out of my parent's garage and go for a drive before the deep freeze hits next week. Its easy to imagine Spring right around the corner with this weather, so we'd better start thinking about where we're going to get together.

Roger S

Reaction score
roll call?

Happy New Year. Dennis, congrats on your purchase. I saw the ad when first posted and it looks like you have a really nice and well sorted e9. Enjoy and I look forward to meeting up with everyone in the Spring.

Update ... I now have two coupes. The 3.0 that replaced my 2800 is still very much a project. The new 3.0 was purchased from the former co-owner of GTS Motorsports on Long Island; it has not been on the road in over 20 years and was garaged in his warehouse. It was an ongoing project of the shop and has benefitted from many mechanical upgrades, and best of all, no rust to patch. Anyway, this car runs and will be registered come Spring.

As for the project coupe, I am looking to get two inner and outer rockers to finish the welding work vs. doing fabrication. I have called 2002ad a few times and left detailed messages but two weeks have past and I have yet to receive a phone call so ... if anyone is cutting up a coupe, please PM or email me offline.

Take care guys.

rns

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tod,

Who'd a known that we would have this wonderful weather in January.

I took the coupe out early this morning for a blast along Ocean Parkway, here on Long Island. When I arrived at Captree for the informal car gathering, the Pkwy was backed up about 1 mile, to get into the parking area! It was a wall to wall classic car event. I guess everyone is taking advantage of this weather.

The BMW M board had a gathering there. There must have been about 12 or so new M5's and M6's. A few of them did not know what an E9 coupe was!!!

pecsok

Reaction score
Linda and I took the Coupe out Sat. nite....

Left the g-parents w/ the kiddies, hopped in and drove to PA and back using side roads and state routes. Hopped onto 80 for a couple spurts to 80 mph or so. (Whats 140kph?) All in all a GREAT way to spend 5 hours with two beautiful ladies! :D
I'll be driving her on dry days till the snow flies and the first salt hits the ground....