Old Member

de coupe

Reaction score
Good Morning Gents,

Have been on in years, Sold my 1973 e9 to a gentlemen in SF bay area about six years ago + or- (very big project)

3.7 with ITB and a stand alone 5 speed not installed
parts for coil overs.....

Red or Maroon interior Recaros with a modern flare

Just wanted to see if he ever got it on the road....

Found the original id tag I think (engine compartment) wanted to get it to him or whoever.

These are truly unique cars and truly a labor of love. And you guys are to be commended for your commitment in restoring these cars

And was wondering if anyone has seen Rudy from Encinitas/Carlsbad (San Diego) 500HP turbo coupe rolling around

All the best

Daniel

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good Morning Gents,

And was wondering if anyone has seen Rudy from Encinitas/Carlsbad (San Diego) 500HP turbo coupe rolling around
All the best Daniel

Oooh. Never met Rudy, but I like him. Tell us more. I'm always curious what structural reinforcements high HP folks undertake. If you look up on the menu and click on "User Map," you can see members in different locations and might see a familiar name.

de coupe

Reaction score

This is Rudy’s car Jay. Remember riding in it when the m5 v-10 was out. And it was pulling the car on the 5 freeway.
Scary fast. And I don’t scare to easily.
Close to unstreetable. I mean we were sideways for about a have a block.

I think he reinforced the frame rails and put bracing underneath the rear seat.

de coupe

Reaction score
The car was painted like a Lexus gold.
I am sure it wasn’t kept that color.

Also had the front lower spoiler molded in the body. (No front bumper) fiberglass rear bumper.

Bracing welded in under rear seat.

A lot to remember. And the more I think about it the more I want one of these cars again... e9 fever

de coupe

Reaction score
Also the motor I did have was a 3.7 euro L block with different crank stroked and bored. And port and polished heads
The block was painted red as I was going to do the car black and red..

Mystery I would hope someone can help