original glass???

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all - hoping someone can shed some light on some glass data. And I apologize in advance for how filthy my glass (and car) are. It is in restoration... :D

I happened to notice the makers mark on the side glass. I "assume" this is the original glass to the car (1973 US market 3.0 coupe). Can anyone confirm this looks correct? These are all three on the left/drivers side.
side glass.jpg

This leads to the front windshield. I have it out, and noticed it is stamped "VIRACON". I would have guessed Pilkington would have been the original, but that flies in the face of my first question above. ;) Would Viracon have been an original windshield? Or can I assume this has been replaced at some point? There is also a mark "D306". Perhaps a model number?
20181124-viracon.jpg

20181124-viracon D306.jpg

Side note, I often spec Viracon glass architecturally - but it did not occur to me they also make glazing for autos.

THANKS!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Euro-glas/Sekurit is original, windshields I have seen are Sekurit with a Roundel but mine is factory replacement.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What I am taking away so far is that all of the side glass is original (as I expected). But the windshield has likely been replaced. I did not see a mark on the rear glass, but it must be there. It is a heated rear window.

The windshield was not really installed when I got the car. I am now curious if/how well it fits...
Thanks for the replies!!!