Osram bulbs for dash

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you're looking for the 4 watt Osram bulbs for your dash lights.
Not easy to find.
Found on eBay but took 3 weeks to get here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-OSRA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_0603.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think this is great info Gary ... i will probably order some up as well. i have new bulbs in my cluster ... but they are only the 2w bulbs

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Whilst upgrading the cluster bulbs, a needed swap from the old 2w bulbs, one shouldnt forget to spruce up the heater control panel lights (specially after intalling 4w’s) Those need refreshing too. Easily done for those still putting their dashboards together. The total result is very satisfying and nothing more irritating than to notice it after the whole thing is put together.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very true that the 2800cs doesn't. while redoing the interior of mine, i have been thinking of putting a lighted panel into mine (as i have a great one)

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very true that the 2800cs doesn't. while redoing the interior of mine, i have been thinking of putting a lighted panel into mine (as i have a great one)

Scott, Why not swap with a 3.0 panel whilst the car is still apart? The lit up heater panel is neat during night drives....... compared to the dark 2800 one.
As Chris pointed out, very small bulbs and not bright but it makes all the difference imho. New bulbs and cleaning the slots from both behind and front does help.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, Why not swap with a 3.0 panel whilst the car is still apart? The lit up heater panel is neat during night drives....... compared to the dark 2800 one.
As Chris pointed out, very small bulbs and not bright but it makes all the difference imho. New bulbs and cleaning the slots from both behind and front does help.
that's what i am talking about doing Keshav ... sorry i wasn't clear. i have a perfect lit panel to put in. i will have to add some wiring for them to the light switch ...

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. My '73 CS has a couple of indicator bulbs out. The turn signal green arrows are out and the speedo looks like there is one out on the right side. are there 2 bulbs lighting the speedo? How hard is it to replace them? Thanks, Drew

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. My '73 CS has a couple of indicator bulbs out. The turn signal green arrows are out and the speedo looks like there is one out on the right side. are there 2 bulbs lighting the speedo? How hard is it to replace them? Thanks, Drew

It’s not difficult to get to the back of the speedometer once you remove the under dash panel. The panel only has about three fasteners holding it in place. From there you can wiggle your hand in to change the bulbs, or you can disconnect the two screws holding the gauge cluster in place. I have a few pics of the backside of the cluster as viewed from
underneath. See here:

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/deconstruction-thread-how-to-part-out-an-e9.21251/page-7