richn123

Reaction score
upload_2018-6-1_17-12-59.jpeg

Any recommendations for body work people in San Jose or Santa Cruz area

Rich

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh jeez. So sorry to see that. I wish you the best of luck in getting a proper repair.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you are insured you may want to use the shop I use. They have done beautiful work on 4 coupes and an m1. Also Daytona, Luso, Europa, Dino etc.
Very expensive, very good. They have 2 coupes in now. In the Bay Area.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

If you can’t source any inner fenders, I have line on some NOS ones. PM me once you have a game plan!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you want the best guy that you can afford / get your insurance to pay for. talk to sfdon ... he's the man in the know in your area

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
that front badge must be strong, looks like the metal has bent around it, I feel for you.

jefftepper

Reaction score
Ouch indeed
In my experience the quality of the body and paint work is a reflection of the skill and dedication of the guy actually doing the work rather than a blanket endorsement of a particular shop. At the same time, body shops come and go as do some of the key employees. Fortunately, I have not had the need for professional body and paint repairs in quite some time so my experience may or may not be a reflection of what one might expect currently. If the referral from SFDon doesn't work for you I suggest you contact F&S AutoBody on El Camino in Santa Clara. Steve did a total repaint on my '67 Mustang more than a dozen years ago and his fastidious attention to detail is apparent in the finished product. Though he is primarily a collision shop, he was willing to take my car as "fill work" to keep his small staff busy when the regular stream of modern cars was slow. It took 6 months to do the job and I understood and agreed to the arrangement. While total repaints are not as profitable as quick in and out collision repairs, Steve did not cut corners. In fact, my high end driver quality paint was a higher quality paint job than I expected. As this was not an insurance job, I paid him directly and am very satisfied with the value I received. The attached pic is from when the paint job was about a dozen years old.

DSC_9748.jpg

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So sorry to see this ! Of course your main issue will be to find body parts . W&N has two of many body pieces you need, the nose and the eyebrow, the lower section, “the chin I call it” its hard to find. I am looking for one my self Hoods are available a lot of places . Fenders are very difficult. Most used fenders have a lot of rust. The front bumpers are available from W&N . Last I checked the had one side and were out of the other left or right not sure which...This will be very expensive !

Wish you the best!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very sorry to see and hear that.

Seems like cars went full circle in terms of protection up front. Very weak before '74 (see above), massive from '74 to late 90's (big bumper era) think Volvo 240DL, to plastic bumpers integrated into full nose cone these days.