Paging Mr. Slate and The Bat Lady

shanon

Reaction score
Hi PS & TBL,

I am in the process of setting up the exhuast system for "The car formally known as Elvis", I was looking at my pics of TBL and wonder what muffler TBL runs.

I'd like to 'run silent & run deep'.......;-)

-shanon

Philip Slate

Reaction score
Actually, Shawn has the nice set up, especially since you guys run a lot at Laguna, er, Mazda Raceway 'cause his exhaust, which retains it's duelness, exits the port side of the car. I run a turbo muffler with, like, three inch ins and outs. The car is so quiet that it has been nicknamed The Stealt Car by those around me. However, because the exhaust exits on the starboard side of the car, it points right at the sound meter twix turns five and six at Laguna which forces me to short shift going up the hill which ain't no fun. That being said, if you can use the muffler and have it exit on the port side, well, now you've got something. To accomodate the big muffler, I raised the passenger floor about an inch and a half/two inches, maybe more, don't remember, if you need exact I can get that in a day or two. As the factory seat mounts are not used, heck, they don't even exist, putting in a passenger seat is no problem with the raised floor. When I get the new engine in, I'm going to retain the muffler position but try to have the exhaust exit in the fashion of Shawn. If you would like current pix, lemme know. Formerly Known As Elvis? That's just plain sad.

shanon

Reaction score
ha ha ha

well, since 'The King' has lost his Gold Lamee suit in favor of a Colorado & Scwhartz Alpina "track suit", I wasn't sure if the name fit anymore....but obiviously its grown on all of us. If he starts doing his funky Karate poses while 'performing'...he'll definitely keep his title..... :lol:

yep, side exhaust going out on pilot side, Shawn moved his already and I am planning the same for the sound booth issue having experienced short-shifting 'ween 5-6 myself. Was curious if you had brand recomendation or is it anything that'll fit work.....your 'raised floor' explains alot now looking at the pics we took of TBL. That thing needs a 'silly seat'!

looking forward to being in your mirrors again and maybe you in mine (ha ha ha)..I think you'll like the King's new clothes.......

cheers,
-shanon

steve

Reaction score
Hey Shanon I've been meaning to get in touch with you. I've got the coupe back on the road and tought it would be fun to come by and check put your project maybe take you for a spin?

Steve

shanon

Reaction score
hey hey

Great Neighbor!

What ya doin' this Thursday late afternoon? Can ya swing by then?
My brother's swinging by to pick me and car up, I'm sure he'd love to see yours too. We're taking mine down to Monterey to hopefuly finish it up this weekend or so.

Ill drop ya a note off line.

-shanon

Philip Slate

Reaction score
no brand muffler

I don't recall a brand name on the muffler and the receipt just says 'turbo muffler'. The shop that did the work said they had one with big-ass ins and big-ass outs and I said "I'll take it". And that was that.

shanon

Reaction score

sounds like the plan here to..."what ya got that'll work nicely"

function over fashion for this project-

-shanon