Paid $660 to yellowbullet and after 3 weeks i have no parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Paid $660 to yellowbullet and after 4 weeks I have no parts!

Need advice!

I paid $660 to a seller called "Yellowbullet" on this site his name is Stephan Hun and or TOMMY YC MA not sure which is his real name. The parts were $540 and Stephan quoted me $122 for shipping using UPS (UNITED PARCEL SERVICE).

I sent him a Paypal on June 1st and I called and talked to him the same day letting him know full payment was sent. He said that he would ship the parts in a few days.... About 7 days later after not receiving the parts I called him again and he said that he was "TOO BUSY"and had not shipped my parts but they would be sent in a few days.

Another week passed with no parts arriving and then I learned that he waited until the 13th of June to ship the box and I also learned that he shipped NOT WITH UPS like I paid for but by regular mail (Canada Post) who was in the midst of a labor strike!:(

It is now over 3 weeks later and the box is still in Canada and the strike is expected to last weeks longer! It was entirely his fault that he waited almost 2 weeks to ship my parts and then he chose regular mail/Canada Post but charged me for UPS. If he had shipped UPS like I paid for I would have my parts.

I asked for a refund and he replied when I send the parts back he would refund my $660... How can I send the parts back when they are still stuck in CANADA?

It will take several more weeks before I get the parts and I am leaving on vacation and will not be here to sign for the box and it will be returned...

Any Advice on how to handle this?

Last edited:

decoupe

Reaction score
Mail Strike

For what it's worth, the Federal Government is in the process of passing a back to work bill as we speak. In spite of the objections by the postal workers union, filibustering opposition parties and those of the leftish persuasion, this is likely to pass this weekend and the mail will start moving Monday.

Whether or not the package was actually sent is another question.

Doug

execmalibu

Reaction score
Doug According to the NEWS the strike could last for WEEKS!

They failed to pass the bill today and the NEWS reports all say that it is unlikely that anything will happen until next week...

Even if they went to work tomorrow it will take weeks to get caught up and back up to speed... If the postal workers loose their fight they might even intentionally work slower then normal as a form of payback...

I doubt that the box will arrive for at least 2-3 more weeks and I will be out of town and no one will be here to sign for the box...

My issue is that he charged for and I paid for UPS with shipping in a reasonable time after payment. He did neither and now I have no parts but he has my money!

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
If there is any bright spot to shipping parts across the border, I always use US Post/Canada Post as there are no or minimal brokerage fees compared to UPS. Once the system is flowing, delivery time is usually pretty good (Not 2-3 weeks).
As for the Sellers lazy attitude concerning filling an order that is paid for, not the way top do business. Hope you get the parts or the money soon Exec.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Updated INFO about YELLOWBULLET... AKA STEPHAN HU,AKA GORDON or TOMMY YC MA...

When he emails his name is "STEPHEN HUN"

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Stephen Hun <ycmlda@gmail.com> wrote:

When I call him he always answers to the name STEPHEN!

But I have just learned from another E9 member who has met him that he also goes by the name TOM ... This seems to fit his PAYPAL account name which is "TOMMY YC MA":roll:

I also was told that he used to post on this site as GORDON!

His number (604) 808-6899 has no message capability and you just have to keep trying until he answers...

I was also told that UPS is alot more expensive then Canada Post and he might have charged me $122 for UPS and only paid around $80...

It has been almost a month and I still have no parts... I paid a lot of money for the parts and expect at least to get them in a reasonable amount of time... THAT WONT HAPPEN!

Last edited:

yellowbullet

Reaction score
Stephen Hun to EXECUTIVE

show details Jun 23 (2 days ago)

Hi there, I have a lengthy talk with my dad about the issue. He is working the best for both of you. He use UPS to quote prices because it has all option(price, weight,delivery day). He ship it out on monday and was promise delivery on friday but UPS take five days(delivery next monday).He end up picking canada post for faster service. He send it out late due to health problem( not busy) +( your instruction ) your son might pickup in Vancouver. If you are not happy with this you can send us back the whole package at our cost (please advice me first because it's a different address) and I'll refund you back the money minus half the shipping cost. He should be home in a day or two.

Hi execmalibu, what name I'm using to made a sale is not part of this issue. All I'm trying is to help each one out, from the tracking number it did delivery the next day to their head office . I didn't lie a single word, it's now up to Canada post.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Stephen,Tom,Gordon... Please send me the copy of the CANADA POST Receipt.

Stephen,Tom, Gordon,

Whatever your real name is.

You wrote "what name I'm using to made a sale is not part of this issue"... Some people like to know who they are dealing with when they send $660 in advance... Using numerous phony names seems like you are dishonest or are hiding something.

You also wrote "If you are not happy with this you can send us back the whole package at our cost" THAT IS THE PROBLEM almost 4 weeks and the package is still in CANADA! Please explain to me how can I send it back?:confused:

You got my $660 and then said that you were "TOO BUSY" to ship...
I have had a few Private Messages from other E9 members who say that you also told them that you were "TOO BUSY" which is what you have repeatedly told me in emails.

Please send me a copy of the Canada Post receipt so I can confirm that you actually paid them the $120 I sent you. Plus I also need to know EXACTLY when it will be delivered because I am leaving town and no one will be here to sign for or inspect the box.

Thanks,

Jeff

gmad

Site Donor
Reaction score
If the postal workers loose their fight they might even intentionally work slower then normal as a form of payback...

Is that even physically possible?

yellowbullet

Reaction score
Hi executive, exexmalibu. jeff.....which is your real name, is it illegal to have more than one name. Do you have to know the weight,height,color and my diet before you buy from me or anyone else. You buy from me before and Why you make a big fuss out of a small issue this time. All I'm asking is after you received the parcel just send it back to me(at a different address) at my cost and I'll refund you the money. It's that simple, how many times do I have to repeat.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Yellowbullet why would you hide your true name in such a small group of E9 collectors

Yellowbullet,

$660 is not going to change my life but I hate getting cheated...

Here are a few questions that only YOU can answer that some of the (500+) E9 members are asking that have seen this post.

1. Why would anyone hide their true identity by using 3 different PHONY NAMES in such a small community of E9 enthusiasts and collectors?

2. You wrote " just send it back to me(at a different address)" "at a different address"??? WOW! Does this mean that the NAME and ADDRESS you put on the parcel is also a PHONY NAME and ADDRESS?
Note;
This will create a HUGE problem when the USPS cannot deliver because I am out of town and then returns the parcel using your PHONY name and address on the parcel... Will you then say you never received the parcel and refuse to return my $660?

3. I seriously doubt your story of shipping by regular mail DURING a POSTAL STRIKE because they were going to be 0NE day faster then UPS! PROVE that you were not trying to cheat me out of $40-60 and please show us the Canada Post receipt. If the receipt is even close to $120 I will apologize.

Please respond with legitimate explanations to these questions so I will not put up such a "FUSS" about getting cheated....
Thanks, Jeff
(my real name)

Last edited:

execmalibu

Reaction score
YELLOWBULLET AKA STEPHAN,GORDON,TOM... You have not responded! Your silence speaks!

sfdon,

That is definitely an issue for General Discussions.

YELLOWBULLET does NOT dispute that he does business and hides behind multiple PHONY names (Stephan,Tom,or Gordon) and uses PHONY addresses on this site... His Response was "SO WHAT". Most E9 members would want to know this about a member.

Imagine if you meet a guy who you are about to give money to and he says "Hi my name is Steve, I mean Tom, I mean Gordon" you dont have a problem with that?

It is now a month and nothing has changed plus YELLOWBULLET has not provided me the Canada Post receipt!

He keeps writing telling me for a refund I need to return the parts that he knows are still in CANADA!... PARTS HE KNOWS I NEVER RECEIVED!!!!:-|

Another report about Canada post.

Postal Management has rented hundreds of Cargo Containers to store the huge amount of mail that has piled up during the past three weeks. The problem as explained by one Postal Worker is that the "Oldest Mail" goes into the containers first and will go out last. It is reported that ALL claims for lost or damaged mail will be ignored by Canada Post.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
resolution of buying parts listed FS on e9coupe.com

the positive things i can say about this topic is that it calls attention to a situation that could potentially affect some people within this forum, and alerts them to the potential downside. most importantly, this was done without a lot of name calling or inflammatory words ... a real plus in my mind, which made it a lot more palatable. thank you to both groups for that.

i would like to say that i would rather buy items for our cars from people within this forum who know the cars rather than some ebay clown who doesn't know an e9 from a Mercedes e series.

as i remember, the parts Jeff bought were listed for sale on this forum ... so the discussion is germane to this group - perhaps it might need to be under a different forum heading w/in e9coupe. the other side of the equation is that it looks like there has been significant off-line discussion over a period of time that was NOT producing results. it seems to me, when you have several hundred bucks on the line, like Jeff does, with no parts in hand ... there's not a lot of recourse other than letting others know so hopefully they don't share a similar experience. BTW, i also bought some parts from yellowbullet, i did get the parts, they were close to the advertised description, but they did take a little while to get here ... and there was NO strike at the time.

your mileage might vary on this topic, and perhaps one of the administrators would like to comment on the appropriate location for some of us newer members.

pamp

Reaction score
Shipping

Just my 2 cents...I have sold or donated numerous parts to members. I prefer to ship via FedEx although this is a bit more expensive. This gives me a tracking number that I share with the buyer in order for both of us to track the parcel. My shipper informs me that there have been problems of late due to very picky US customs inspectors. One must be very concise and straight forward on the customs declaration. I have not had any problems and usual shipping time has been 6 to 8 business days. As a note for US sellers shipping to Canada, always make sure to make specific note on the customs declaration that you are shipping "Antique Automobile Parts" as there will be no duty charged to us on the Canadian end. Otherwise we get dinged. I hope to start seeing some mail today, these strikes are a pain but a bit of a way of life.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would also prefer this be dealt with elsewhere.
These are always a tough call. When name-calling starts I just delete the thread, useful info is always welcome and I can move this thread to the Feedback Forum, but every post has to be moderated (approved) before being posted. If it stays civil I'll probably just move it after it has run its course.

My opinion on this matter, since I also sell on Ebay and have bought/sold with private parties.... communication is ALWAYS the highest priority with long-distance transactions and I feel that the seller holds the majority of the responsibility. The seller is the one that ends up with both the item being sold AND the money at some point, so good communication is all the buyer has to keep the trust going. Multiple names and addresses and using a different shipping company without notifying the buyer only breaks down the trust and makes the buyer sensitive to anything and everything, and well deserved.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.