Paint Ready (Now painted and home)

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Later this week or early next week, my Bavaria will go to my buddy Paul for paint. The original Baikal Blue Metalic. Base/Clear.

The only parts that will not get new paint are the inner fender wells in the engine compartment. You have to stop somewhere on these cars, and that's where I called it quits. The engine compartment cleaned up enough (for me).

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3926.jpeg

IMG_3925.jpeg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
great news Dick ... there is NO better color for a Bavaria IMHO. looking forward to seeing the color on the car.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I agree that Baikal is a beautiful color (maybe there weren't any BAD colors on these cars?)

It's time to start cleaning up and cataloging the parts that will go back on the car and deciding which are missing and which need to be replaced. The car came to me disassembled. It will be fun figuring out what goes where. I've done this with two other cars. The good news is that you REALLY know the car when it is back together!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
most of the colors look good ... only a few look GREAT. Baikal is one of the great colors. it just looks sophisticated on a sedan.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
most of the colors look good ... only a few look GREAT. Baikal is one of the great colors. it just looks sophisticated on a sedan.

I agree about the sophisticated look...especially with the tobacco (or whatever that color is called) interior. It is not a combo I would have thought of but sure looks great together.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
love the photo and the car Bennett. this proves my point ... pretty ... cool ... dynamic, not enough superlatives for an E3 in baikal.