Parts catalogs- online

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about how we look up parts?

Some BMW dealers still have parts look ups but very few.
Actually have one here, BMW Parts of South Atlanta. It's a dealer and I have bought M3 parts from them.
Aftermarket like Pelican or Autohaus are fine for more modern cars.

RealOEM is the fall back but don't pay attention to the prices. Not usually up to date.
Does anyone know who owns or runs RealOEM?
You can't find an owner or even any names.
Once I saw it was registered in some Euro country.
Anyone know more?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i generally use realOEM and then pop the part number into getbmwparts.com ... they are generally correct on their MSRP. their prices vary on discount. when i was ordering a lot of parts for my engine swap i sent the list to Lisa at Penske and she couldn't touch the prices ... even with a large order (i miss penske's online parts catalog). i remember somebody else talking about another dealer that had great prices.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I could do wonderful things with that database. I only wish I had access.

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used to use BMWs own on-line shop but some time ago they stopped showing part numbers for parts they don't have in stock. And it's slow to navigate. Very irritating!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
But do you buy parts from them?
I never knew how they claimed to be a Mobile Tradition dealer and that somehow that had special significance? Like they could get parts others could not or they had classic parts and no one else did.
Anyone know this story?

They have no special relationship with BMW, just a reseller of BMW parts.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I used to use BMWs own on-line shop but some time ago they stopped showing part numbers for parts they don't have in stock. And it's slow to navigate. Very irritating!
We don't have that here. Just web sites the dealers run.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i generally use realOEM and then pop the part number into getbmwparts.com ... they are generally correct on their MSRP. their prices vary on discount. when i was ordering a lot of parts for my engine swap i sent the list to Lisa at Penske and she couldn't touch the prices ... even with a large order (i miss penske's online parts catalog). i remember somebody else talking about another dealer that had great prices.
Yes, the Penske online parts lookup was great and easy.
Problem was everyone used their site but no one bought parts from them.

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ANY OF THESE COMPANIES.

How about Blunt Tech?
https://www.blunttech.com/
They are supposedly friendly to the classic car community but I've heard to need to have a contact person and not be afraid to ask for better prices.
Pelican and Autohaus are two more but not E9 parts. Just E12 and forward and Porsche parts at Pelican.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I generally use Max for looking up parts. I have bought a few things from them in the past. Also frequent W-N, jaymic.com, rogerstii.com & look at cashel.de

Now I usually purchase from Stephen Peterson aka Blunt - [email protected]. Usually send him a FB message, receive & pay paypal invoice then get the parts 2-3 days later.