Parts Hoard Moving Sale

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
April 5 Update:

Hi Guys -- the Party is Over. We will be fulfilling existing orders, but cannot take new orders.

March 22 Update:

Please see newly added pictures at the end, primarily dash parts.

March 20 Edit:

I'm editing my post because about half of the initial round of relies do not have contact information. This ain't my stuff, I don't know details (well, I know some but not all details), I don't know prices and I don't know what Tom may still have up in the attic (we got about 2/3 of the stuff down).

If you want more information -- pricing perhaps -- PM me with (1) an indication which part you may seek and (2) a phone number (If you are outside the US, send email please). The reason I am asking folks to express an interest in particular parts is in case I get multiple inquires. If I get multiple inquiries on particular parts, the first person to PM me about the part who also provides contact info will get first crack at it. If you only send "How much for X?", I cannot have Tom get back to you on pricing. He is old school and doesn't hang out on internet sites.

Original Post:

Friend of mine -- Tom Baruch -- is moving to South Carolina and is cleaning out his garage. Tom is lifelong car nut -- 45 years as a member of the BMWCCA, decades as a BMWCCA driving instructor, retired eight years ago as a partner in London Foreign Service in Falls Church, VA; has restored dozens of coupes, etc., etc. I am helping him with this, but have no financial interest in the deals here (Ok, I borrow tools from Tom and get diagnostic help once in a while).

We are having a "yard sale" starting in a few days, using the contact lists we both have for e9 folks in the DC area.

This posting gives folks here a few days head start on the yard sale. If you are interested in anything you see, please pm me with your telephone number and I will give Tom your number so the two of you can work out a deal. I can deliver things that fit into my car to Sharkfest, or the PVGP. Tom will also ship.

Here's Tom's Car:

IMG_1714.JPG

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pair of wheels, interior trim parts, complete djet setup including air box, power steering reservoirs, rebuilt brake calipers, brake lines, front struts, steering column, front grills (2 x 3.0; 1 x 2800), emblems

Photo Mar 19, 4 55 58 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wiring harness (1 of 3), intake and exhaust valve (3.0), Oil filter housings, front cover

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 03 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Trunk covers, various small sheet metal parts cut for rust repairs, some 2002 stuff

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 08 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Light buckets (more in the box underneath), several window assemblies (both early and late, along with some of the e28 motors), starter, stock rear springs, two center bearings, rebuilt calipers, and in the box on the left is an intake and exhaust that are BMW, but not e9 (sorry, I don't recognize them).

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 13 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Another angle on stuff described above:

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 15 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 15 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Mar 19, 4 56 24 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 19, 4 56 24 PM.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 213

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A/C parts -- the box is an almost complete set, several condensers with the top one in great shape, better view of the 2800 grills, emblems and interior trim parts.

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 26 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wiring harness (box upper left), front door and rear windows, box under windows is a complete blue carpet set, elephant skin and some trunk trim, wiper motors, various electrical items, and behind the box of carpet stuff you can just see the plastic cover over a complete 3.0 short block

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 30 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Alternators, side consoles (2 e9, 4 e3), 2 sets of zenith carbs, one of which is a Euro setup with one intake manifold (I have another one if need be), instruments/gauges, door brakes, set of smooth non-e9 BMW center caps

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 39 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Heater boxes, automatic tranny consoles (2), automatic shifter, other stuff described above

Photo Mar 19, 4 56 48 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rear seat belts, a half shaft, window controls and door handles, various rubber seals

Photo Mar 19, 4 57 10 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Big valve head with Isky cam (need to ask Tom about the grind), set of 9:5 piano top pistons, valve cover in plastic, various exterior trim parts, half shaft, power steering pump, hand crank sheet metal cutting/bead tool with dies

Photo Mar 19, 4 57 17 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rocker trim and other exterior trim, pedal box, power steering pump, various fans including a desert fan and an original 5 spoke red fan, and one the far left in the back, an Eissenman e30 M3 exhaust

Photo Mar 19, 4 57 20 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fans with the desert fan on top, heater controls, heater fans (underneath fan cover), brake reservoirs, distributor drive gear (to change injection head to allow for a distributor), cables for odometer reset

Photo Mar 19, 4 57 22 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Steering parts (Tom told me the e24 steering box toward the bottom is an upgrade for an e28), radios

Photo Mar 19, 4 57 25 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bumper parts (there are three centers in that stack and the box is full of overriders), grills, gas fill rubber surrounds, gas covers

Photo Mar 19, 4 57 37 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 19, 4 57 39 PM.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Racing Dynamics wheels, 14 in et 13, with tires (one tire is really worn), will fit a coupe, but sold primarily for an e24 or e28.

Photo Mar 19, 4 58 26 PM.jpg