Parts ID Help

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
So I'm finally sending the original Zeniths out to Paltech for a rebuild and eventual reinstall, but there are also quite a few parts that were in the same box when I purchased my coupe. Could use some help identifying the major components in these images.

By the way, the Webers on the car now will be available (for a reasonable price) later this year to anyone that's interested.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Zenith 5.jpg
    Zenith 5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Most are from removal of the emission control (three cylinders), also vacuum advance on the distributor. Then some odds and end hoses from the carburetors, gasoline lines, vacuum hoses. Most just bypass the emissions without actual removal.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Most are from removal of the emission control (three cylinders), also vacuum advance on the distributor. Then some odds and end hoses from the carburetors, gasoline lines, vacuum hoses. Most just bypass the emissions without actual removal.

Thanks! I kind of figured they were emissions related...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMG_1573.JPG
The Zenith rebuild kits don't come with the accelerator pump, our 2800 wasn't responding quickly. Carl Nelson had a pair that I plan to install. He said BMW didn't have any in the US, you should order a pair.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 28990 The Zenith rebuild kits don't come with the accelerator pump, our 2800 wasn't responding quickly. Carl Nelson had a pair that I plan to install. He said BMW didn't have any in the US, you should order a pair.

Thanks Chris. Jeff at Paltech said he gets his rebuild kits from Germany; I'll check to see if they include the pumps.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The pumps also have a mercedes part number which show up in more sources. Grab them if you can find them, they arent easy to find and invaluable for proper operation. Becareful installing, it's easy to tear the rubber skirts.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
My Zeniths still had the leather accelerator pump cup. Even the service manual that was out a few years after my car was made states that the leather ones should be replaced, so it looks like my carbs have never been touched. The kit I got had replacement cups, but not the full pump assembly.

Ian

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are under the top cover. The lever on the side of the carb attached to the throttle linkage in the left carb pic is the accel pump lever so if you remove the cover you'll see the top of it sitting in a recess underneath more linkage that presses down on it.

Top view...

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Instructions on dismantling Zeniths in the technical section of this site. It can show you all parts and all stages of the carb. I found it invaluable.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up; Zeniths at Paltech now, should have them back in a few weeks. Will post pics when they arrive. By the way, Jeff includes new pumps from Germany, and they are available from Germany for $37...

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just received the rebuilt/refinished Zeniths from Paltech!

Attachments

• IMG_1874.JPG
    IMG_1874.JPG
    717.1 KB · Views: 119