Petri Horn always on!

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As part of the restoration we replaced a lightweight momo with a Petri and while the horn works it stays on.

The auto electrician thinks there is some sort of disc missing from inside the HUB - anyone had a similar experience or have some pictures so we can see what he means?

I will be looking through my old parts boxes and at the old Momo to see if anything approximating this exists.

It is a little unnerving driving such a precious car with no horn!
IMG-7468.JPG
IMG-7469.JPG
Petri.jpg

Thanks in advance as always!

David

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a simple one, you are missing the copper ring at the base of the steering wheel hub for the plunger to make contact with. check with Keshav or Wlakek ... one of them has remade this piece and by installing this on the base of the wheel should solve your problem

mr bump

Reaction score
As part of the restoration we replaced a lightweight momo with a Petri and while the horn works it stays on.

The auto electrician thinks there is some sort of disc missing from inside the HUB - anyone had a similar experience or have some pictures so we can see what he means?

I will be looking through my old parts boxes and at the old Momo to see if anything approximating this exists.

It is a little unnerving driving such a precious car with no horn!View attachment 56203 View attachment 56204 View attachment 56206

Thanks in advance as always!

David
Hi David, I'd put the momo back on and sell me that old silly petri thing. LOL.
on a serious note, if you DO put the momo back on, give me first dibs on the petri mate please.