Picture Request: Accel ball & socket linkage to cable style linkage

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
For all of you that have done later engine swaps that kept the Motronic era intake manifolds, I was hoping to see some of the creative setups you use for the accelerator pedal linkage.

bdigel

Reaction score
Hi
shoot me an email to remind and Ill get some pics for you [email protected]
I have done two ways , on the e12 based 6 seris the 1st years that came motronic had a different pedal setup with a cable that comes into the car , if you can find all the pieces that way works best
the other way is like what you mentioned , I think I used an e26 cable ( its been 15 ish years and memory is fuzy ) I drilled a hole on the bell crank dealio on the bottom of the block inserted a gromet there and the canle fit right in

BD

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
E-mail inbound. Still accepting any help with creative setups that don't look too hobbled together (Sorry, it's for a customer..).

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
on the e12 based 6 seris the 1st years that came motronic had a different pedal setup with a cable that comes into the car , if you can find all the pieces that way works best

Those cars are very hard to find, but it looks simple enough to make. Just a long lever welded to the existing pedal rod.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=5236-USA-01-1982-E24-BMW-633CSi&diagId=35_0111

I need to do this job as well. I don't like attaching the cable at the engine, because it negates the advantage of using a cable in the first place, which is that engine movement doesn't change the throttle position. And also I'm missing most of those parts anyway.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i took two oem and welde together for the rod portion and then the m5 cable for the pull
quite simple and elegent the rear part is same as front bracket just cut
then the front is just rotated 90 DEG.

Attachments

• LINKAGE.jpg
    LINKAGE.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 200

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
i took two oem and welde together for the rod portion and then the m5 cable for the pull
quite simple and elegent the rear part is same as front bracket just cut
then the front is just rotated 90 DEG.
That is one of the most creative setups I've seen, using original parts. I still can't tell how the Z linkage is attached. I see the motor mount support, then the second support that is welded upside down to the first one, but I can't really see the rear most part that contains the pivot point. I wish you had the setup off of the block so I could see how you put it together.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
THE REAR PIVOT IS BOLTED TO THE BLOCK WITH THE TWO HOLES
YOU CAN SEE THE TOP ZINC BOLT
ITS ACTUALLY TWO PIECES THE REAR IS THE CUT OFF OF THE FIRST
JUST MOVED BACK