Pictures of W&N windshield with dark band at top?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
W&N offers the option of two dark bands at the top of their new windshield. It is obviously not period correct but the sun visors do not hold in the down position well and I am curious to see what those look like in real life. Unfortunately they do not offer a neutral grey band. Only a dark blue and a medium green one. Very difficult to judge by the pictures on their web site.

Does anyone have any pictures of either one installed, especially on a lighter color car?

Thank you.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
EB70FC4D-5590-4783-A07E-AF8326114586.jpeg
45C53201-DD62-4CA2-9E2B-2563B1F0553A.jpeg

C8D68389-5DFC-48FA-8641-1102B80B6E8E.jpeg

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Keshav.
Interesting to see that, on the orange one, it almost looks like the windshield is clear but the rest of the window are the green tinted ones. And therefore the greenish band on the windscreen seems to tie in with the rest of them in a small way. Of course, it could well be optical illusion... ;-)

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bo, saw my photo so here it is again.
Everything thing I can do to defeat 95 degree heat.
Gary

Attachments

• 037A5599.jpg
    037A5599.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 97

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
@JetDexter i was looking at one of your videos and it looks like you have one of those. Is that correct?
Yes, thought it wasn't by choice. It was also the only one I could find at the time when I needed to have one that week. La Jolla had this one around. It's funny someone mentioned it not being period correct, which I am sure is technically true for our cars. But there wasn't a 70s car that I had that didn't have the green tint band. In the 80s it was the first thing I did was to swap it out to look more modern:) But while didn't choose it, I do love the way it looks in my car right now. Though it doesn't help much with the sun. Plus, my band starts much higher than those other photos, and seems less dark. As a tall guy those bands were always irritating because I would tend to be looking right through the bottom of the tint. But with my lower seats and higher band I'm happy.

There you go Bo- as always, as me a question and you get too much info!

Cheers

0B7C6B58-23BC-4687-811E-786553ADCC48.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The parts book only shows clear glass and heat resistant glass (meaning green tint) which all US coupes received and which was laminated.