Pierburg fuel pump replacement...sealer ?

Scott Wilson

Site Donor
Reaction score
i am going to replace my fuel pump in order to try and stop this engine “stumbling” and “hesitating” im experiencing. Got the new pump all assembled. When i mount it should i use some sort of gasket sealer along with the gasket provided in order to prohibit gas leaking out and air leaking in?

Thanks

Scott

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i am going to replace my fuel pump in order to try and stop this engine “stumbling” and “hesitating” im experiencing. Got the new pump all assembled. When i mount it should i use some sort of gasket sealer along with the gasket provided in order to prohibit gas leaking out and air leaking in?

Thanks

Scott

dear scott,
frankly speaking i can not understand your question, but i wonder if your fuel pump is different
it is useful to post pictures of your setup to avoid guessing
in principle mechanical fuel pumps are sealed, and if your pump is the ususal one the gaskets you mention are the ones tha seal the bakelite separator
if so, those seal the cyl head and the pump but against oil leaks
please no sealer on those ones
regards

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Thanks

Scott

BTW
i serously doubt that your “stumbling” and “hesitating” will be solved with a new fuel pump
there is something else there,...
ignition and carburation probably, i say probably cos i dounnow which engine you have

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
deQ, think he is thinking of oil leaking around around the pump base where the pushrod is.......and yes I agree it does not sound like the pump is the issue

Scott Wilson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, Bavbob i was referring to the base to stop oil leakage. I guess the gasket alone is fine. Thanks.

DeQ: Regarding this stopping the hesitation and stumbling, if this does not do it, the next thing is digging into the carbs.

Thanks for the insight.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score