Portland (eBay): 2x Period Scheel Buckets

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure what model they are but they have banana headrestsnnof the CSL style. Vinyl looks decent. Inserts seem to have some issues. Fabric is unsurprisingly loose. The mesh in the bottom is loose like wizard’s sleeve.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-BMW-SCHEEL-SPORT-RACING-BUCKET-SEATS-911-914-R-RSR-RS-CSL-with-hardware/332481628969
hi. thanks for that. so after a few minutes of "oh, I wonder if he will take an offer?" I just thought "fuck it" and hit the buy it now. I cant think I will find another pair and they are pretty much all that is required to make my CSL correct. Headrests look wrong but I might not use them anyway. Vinyl looks good and scheel fabric looks ok(ish) - hopefully they will come good if I get them stripped down, re foamed and the original covers put back on... Happy. Poorer, but happy! Thanks again! Alan

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just need to find a suitable set of tilting brackets for them now - anyone go any ideas?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Food for thought. Aardvark racing isn’t all that far away from Portland. Only a few countries by euro standards. :) Anyway they could freshen up the seats a bit.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi. thanks for that. so after a few minutes of "oh, I wonder if he will take an offer?" I just thought "fuck it" and hit the buy it now. I cant think I will find another pair and they are pretty much all that is required to make my CSL correct. Headrests look wrong but I might not use them anyway. Vinyl looks good and scheel fabric looks ok(ish) - hopefully they will come good if I get them stripped down, re foamed and the original covers put back on... Happy. Poorer, but happy! Thanks again! Alan

headrests are not wrong !
those are the banana style ones !
:)

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
headrests are not wrong !
those are the banana style ones !
:)
cool! I looked at a few CSL seat photos and they all seemed to have different headrest to these (vinyl panel on the side) were there different versions in the CSL? Anyways. Have paid and now I wait! Have contacted Gerrit about repro tilting brackets and extra fabric to do the rears. Happy days...

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow!! Merry Christmas! Beautiful seats, and as you say, where will you find another set?

Enjoy them in good health!

Ed

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice seats! A pleasure just to look at the listing. You got a good deal.

restart

Reaction score
A man wonders if gramma and grandpa could get in and out of those seats easily. Big factor for me. I can see they would stay in place once they were in tho. So that’s good:)
Oh, I meant ...once WE were in.

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
They have arrived! Very please with the condition - wont need much at all. The original fabric will all survive. A couple of new foam pieces and a bit on new strapping underneath and they will be all good.

One questions - the banana headrests? Are these correct for the CSL? All the ones I have seen in photos are a different shape and have vinyl panels on the sides.

I am getting tilting brackets and scheel fabric for the rears from Gerrit anyway so if the consensus is that they are not correct - I might get a pair of his repro headrests too

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
A man wonders if gramma and grandpa could get in and out of those seats easily. Big factor for me. I can see they would stay in place once they were in tho. So that’s good:) Oh, I meant ...once WE were in.

Heh. My sis crawled into the Scheel drivers seat of my coupe when I first showed it to her...8 months pregnant. She loved it, til it was time to get out, even with a 35cm wheel it was hell getting her out of that skinny-butt German racing seat.

Congratulations on the purchase, that was a steal of a price

Last edited:

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Heh. My sis crawled into the Scheel drivers seat of my coupe when I first showed it to her...8 months pregnant. Even with a 38cm wheel it was hell getting her out of that skinny-butt German racing seat.

Congratulations on the purchase, that was a steal of a price
Ha! Yeah - when the box with 2 of them arrived I looked at it and thought "hmmm, those seats are going to be small!". Have had a sit in one - 'snug' would be the word I would use and I am not exactly enormous! Easy to see why some owners swapped them out for comfort seats. They do look pretty though.....

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha! Yeah - when the box with 2 of them arrived I looked at it and thought "hmmm, those seats are going to be small!". Have had a sit in one - 'snug' would be the word I would use and I am not exactly enormous! Easy to see why some owners swapped them out for comfort seats. They do look pretty though.....

to me there is no way to go in and out without moving the seat backwards, also because i try not to damage the lateral wall of the seat
once you are in driving the couoe is another thing :)