Positive Thoughts For A Fellow Couper

61porsche

Reaction score
Sent to me this morning from John Hein,

"
Jerry:

In need one more little bit of help. I am having trouble posting this to the "off-topic" coupe site. If you could copy and past at your convenience.

Thanks

Title: Positive Thoughts and Prayers requested from the Forum

Coupers: we all do a pretty good job of listening to every rattle and groan of our cars, but sometimes not to what our own bodies are saying to us.

About 3 weeks ago I had muscle spasms in my right leg that I attributed to a nerve pinch. As a matter of fact it was a day when Jerry Brown (Porsche61) came over to help rebuild one of my carbs (OK I watched while Jerry rebuilt the carb). Last Sunday I had a more serious seizure and will be undergoing surgery later this AM for removal of hopefully a benign tumor in my brain.

All going well, I will have 4-6 weeks rehab, but - sadly - 6 months without driving privileges. My coupe is in the paint shop right now so she will be beautiful when I am ready to mash that right pedal again,

Please send along your positive thoughts and prayers.

- John Hein"

My sincere wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jerry

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John we all send you your best wishes for a speedy recovery. Keep the faith, we will also!

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
John-

Chin up!!! Sending prayers from the east coast. Best regards and luck to you and family! Keep us posted, sharing helps.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
John,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. One of my co-workers recently had surgery for a meningioma (benign brain tumor), and in 6 weeks she was back at work, feeling as well as she ever had. Good luck,
Scott

bmw art car

Reaction score
John, You are in my thoughts and prayers. You'll be up and on em in no time.
Thank you so much for posting this, Jerry.
We are a big family and do care for each other.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
John our prayers are with you

You, your condition and your surgery are in the prayers of our prayer group for complete success and for your rapid recovery.
Murray

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
Thanks coupers

Made it out of ICU as a model patient. Patholgy was not what we wanted, so we are going to need some further treatments and some rehab for that accelerator foot. But, as coupe folks know, everything is in a constant state of rehab. Thanks for the support!

Still in icu, but feeling good. Waiting final pathology. Pretty amazing what these surgeons do. I am so grateful for these skilled people.

Last edited:

Bwana

Reaction score
Still in icu, but feeling good. Waiting final pathology. Pretty amazing what these surgeons do. I am so grateful for these skilled people.

And already back on the 'puter! Well done John!!!!

clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif

Give us a shout when you're back on your feet!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Great to hear John! My sister-in-law had a similar procedure done last year with amazing results... in and out of the hospital quick and back to the daily grind in no time. Still scary as hell though. I'm a big chicken when it comes to that stuff..

Dan

JhwShark

Reaction score
John,

May you have a speedy recovery...such that you will be out cruising your coupe as soon as possible.

Best wishes and God Bless,
Jon

Jerry, Thanks for sharing this with the "extended" family!

OZCSi

Reaction score
Positive thoughts for your recovery are being sent your way at this time.

Best Wishes from a fellow e9er.

61porsche

Reaction score
Update

For all those that have asked over John's condition, here's a blog with updates.

Johns-brain.blogspot.com

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
After 3 weeks in the rehab facility, I am now back home and preparing to begin a 6 week course of chemo and radiation. I really do appreciate all the positive vibes from the forum. I should have a beautiful repaint on my coupe pretty soon to give me that incentive to be back driving soon.

Thanks again folks.