teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What's that thing on the right shock tower?
s-l1600.jpg

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Might be a solid car and interior looks nice, but I can't get past the color combo. Original Polaris? No undercarriage photos and top of fenders look suspicious.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL CAR I WOULD LIKE TO BUY IT IF I HAD THE MONEY
THEN ID HAVE A STICK AND AN AUTO WHICH IVE BEGUN TO
PREFER THESE DAYS OF MY OLD AGE.
SO HOW DID IT GET BRONZE

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am tentatively scheduled to go have a good look at this coupe on friday early afternoon. its not too far away. if anybody is interested please drop me a line and i would be happy to give you my impressions / detailed pictures ... and whatever inside information i can gather

Manthri Srinath

Reaction score
hard to believe that this went for only 29.5k. i would have thought the reserve would have been 45k. i guess the seller didn't really know what he had.
Did you look at it? What were your impressions if so? How was the rust? Seems like a steal at $30K, unless there’s something going on that isn’t apparent.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i did not get to look at it, i ended up having a 'potential work' call that created a conflict. i didn't think it was going to clear reserve ... but it did. hard to say the true condition but i think it is a very complete coupe with 2 minor drawbacks - automatic and big bumpers ... but it was very complete with a decent interior. the 3rd drawback is a color change to a non-original coupe color ... an interesting color though.

MotoCarlo

Reaction score
I could live with the color at that price. Tuck the bumpers, ... but for me not the auto trans. Even so as the potential buyer, it's nice to see one go for an obtainable entry fee.

Manthri Srinath

Reaction score
i did not get to look at it, i ended up having a 'potential work' call that created a conflict. i didn't think it was going to clear reserve ... but it did. hard to say the true condition but i think it is a very complete coupe with 2 minor drawbacks - automatic and big bumpers ... but it was very complete with a decent interior. the 3rd drawback is a color change to a non-original coupe color ... an interesting color though.
Thanks for that. I wonder. But yeah, that wasn’t enough visual information to make a smart decision, I don’t think. Would really need a lot more data on the underside, among other things. Having just purchased an E9, I’ll say that I’d never purchase one without looking it over in person, and having a PPI done.

MotoCarlo

Reaction score
Sorry that got away from me. What I was trying to say is, those car are finally falling a bit in price, so hoping the E9 will follow.
The wishful thinking of the potential buyer. :)
I keep a knurled up transmission drain plug right here in front of me (long story), by the computer, to remind me not to every ever buy a car again without seeing it first.
This car happens to be about an hour drive away. Not too far. But I am pretty sure it sold. Ebay says "sold" .