Race prep CSL for sale (45 000 euro) in France

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ad states 1970 year of manufacture. Not a CSL. Looks like it'd be a nice club racer, hey shanon looks like your car's worth 40k!

There's a (non-CSL) Gp4 oldtimer-build with a lot of the very expensive and unobtainium bits also in France, been offered for over a year and hasn't sold for 56k dollars (not euros, dollars.) Even as an ideal donor car suitable for an honest wagenpass racer it hasn't sold. Whats that tell you about "values"?

Anyone out there a bass fisherman? Its hard to catch a big old fish, no matter how attractive the bait.

Lets face it, there's a lot fewer young dumb fish out there now than there were a year or two ago. Maybe its time I just pumped 10 k and 1000 hours of my time into Max's old show car and started driving the thing again...

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ad states 1970 year of manufacture. Not a CSL. Looks like it'd be a nice club racer, hey shanon looks like your car's worth 40k!

There's a (non-CSL) Gp4 oldtimer-build with a lot of the very expensive and unobtainium bits also in France, been offered for over a year and hasn't sold for 56k dollars (not euros, dollars.) Even as an ideal donor car suitable for an honest wagenpass racer it hasn't sold. Whats that tell you about "values"?

Anyone out there a bass fisherman? Its hard to catch a big old fish, no matter how attractive the bait.

Lets face it, there's a lot fewer young dumb fish out there now than there were a year or two ago. Maybe its time I just pumped 10 k and 1000 hours of my time into Max's old show car and started driving the thing again...

shanon

Reaction score

shanon

Reaction score

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
shanon said:
:lol: :lol:

If i had few extra 100k laying around, I'd snag this one and go do some laps around the 'Ring before I brought it home to harass some of the Big Bore boys
-shanon

bigc.jpg

boy howdy!

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
shanon said:

If i had few extra 100k laying around, I'd snag this one and go do some laps around the 'Ring before I brought it home to harass some of the Big Bore boys
-shanon

bigc.jpg

boy howdy!

JC UK

Reaction score
CSL 1973 said:
Interesting car for sale in France. Does anyone recognise this car - is it based on a real CSL?

http://www.classicdriver.com/de/fin...er=10016&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1783618

With a build year of 1970 this will be based on a CS and is another car being described as a CSL, even Batmobile, just because it has some of the later aerodynamic aids. Probably quite a nice car but like the reproduction of some famous oil painting not the real thing. Get the VIN and engine numbers. This is a modified car with a value which someone will pay but will not be a mainstream transaction. Buyer beware.

JC UK

Reaction score
CSL 1973 said:
Interesting car for sale in France. Does anyone recognise this car - is it based on a real CSL?

http://www.classicdriver.com/de/fin...er=10016&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1783618

With a build year of 1970 this will be based on a CS and is another car being described as a CSL, even Batmobile, just because it has some of the later aerodynamic aids. Probably quite a nice car but like the reproduction of some famous oil painting not the real thing. Get the VIN and engine numbers. This is a modified car with a value which someone will pay but will not be a mainstream transaction. Buyer beware.

chicane

Reaction score
shanon said:

Cool site, some interesting coupes there. wish i could read German or (?).

This one looks wild, especially the door cards..... :shock:

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/fin...er=10016&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1756194

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/fin...er=10016&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1781856

8)

-shanon

The red car is a little too "Pimp my ride" for my tastes. The door panels are like something from a 70's blackspotation film. The yellow FIA car is on the money!

chicane

Reaction score
shanon said:

Cool site, some interesting coupes there. wish i could read German or (?).

This one looks wild, especially the door cards..... :shock:

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/fin...er=10016&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1756194

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/fin...er=10016&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1781856

8)

-shanon

The red car is a little too "Pimp my ride" for my tastes. The door panels are like something from a 70's blackspotation film. The yellow FIA car is on the money!

CincinnatiE9

Reaction score
chicane said:

The blacksploitation reference made me laugh, hadn't heard that term in quite some time.

I think period correct customs are kind of fun, for 9 grand, it could be fun, but I don't want it.

The group2 car is amazing, but you all already knew that.

CincinnatiE9

Reaction score
chicane said:

The blacksploitation reference made me laugh, hadn't heard that term in quite some time.

I think period correct customs are kind of fun, for 9 grand, it could be fun, but I don't want it.

The group2 car is amazing, but you all already knew that.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
JC UK said:

newsflash.jpg

E9 coupe sales..."mainstream" ??? .... NOT