RADIO

Ceesee

Reaction score
I have a 1972 3.0 csi. Im in the process of restoring her. Anyone know what kind of radio was used. This is the only thing im missing.
Thanks...

shanon

Reaction score
I think they came with a Blaupunkt 'Frankfurt' or possibly a Becker model.
My '70 2800 had a Frankfurt. One was on Ebay recently.
If going for originality, look for the BMW CS knobs as opposed to Porsche/VW/Audi style knobs (flat plastic).

I can Email some pics if needed.

-shanon

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is the Blaukpunt in my 72.
radio.jpg

P

poadb

I believe you can by them (the Blaupunkt radio) from a store in Germany over Internet, unfortunately I can not find the address. Maybe, someone else got the address - I believe that I saw the address on someones website a couple of years ago

jmackro

Reaction score
That Blaupunkt looks good in Ceesee's Eurospec CS. But, would it work in a US spec car, with airconditioning? The radio mounts lower on the console face in cars with A/C, and the buttons seem like they would interfere with the trim ahead of the gearshift.

I have a totally incorrect modern radio in my CS. I hate the look of it, but its tiny buttons only protrude about an 1/8", leaving room for my fingers to get down into the horizontal space down at the base of the console. I'd love to install a Becker Europa, but worry that a 70's radio, with its larger buttons, wouldn't fit in my US spec 2800CS.

Can anyone comment?

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
original BP Frankfurt radio

NOTE: the tuning knobs on this radio are the correct type--if authenticity is a goal--sorry but the rubber faced ones on Arde's CSi pictured are not the original type.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
The unit in the link looks great! It even has an MP3 player feed option! However, the description specifically says it is not for models with AC. This appears to be an "older" model but it is hard to tell. Any experience with this model and AC?