Rear Headrest Internal Post Support

dspoljaric

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello all - does anyone know where/if the plastic internal support for the rear head rests are available? Please note the attached image. On the right is a new chrome cover, but on the left is the brittle internal support I am referring to and seeking to replace.

Thanks

Bavaria.jpg

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh man. I can't find it an ANY of my diagrams. can you possibly pull one out and see if the part number is stamped in it?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Item number 2, only source will be a parts car. Headrests were introduced in March 1971 but most Bavs here didn’t have them I believe, perhaps 3.0S and Si?

Attachments

• DCF6B961-F215-49A1-AAE5-16E415E0B771.jpeg
    DCF6B961-F215-49A1-AAE5-16E415E0B771.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 238

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
this is exactly something I would 3d print when it comes time for me to need one. probably like 8 cents in materials

CSBM5

Reaction score
Item number 2, only source will be a parts car. Headrests were introduced in March 1971 but most Bavs here didn’t have them I believe, perhaps 3.0S and Si?

At least for 1972 Bavarias, I'm pretty sure rear headrests were standard...at least they were on my car.

johnl

Reaction score
Our first 1972 Bavaria did not have rear headrest. That car was purchased in 1974. The current 1972 Bavaria does have the rear headrest. I was missing those covers but thanks to Mike Burger some time ago he was kind enough to supply me with them.

CSBM5

Reaction score
I wish I had a window sticker for mine, but I only still have the bill of sale that just listed "AM radio" and "sunroof" as the only options. I do have an original brochure for the 1971 2.8L Bavaria, and it shows the car without rear headrests. I seem to recall that there were some "1972" Bavarias built with the early E3 (1971 Bavaria) style c-pillar vents and taillights - perhaps it was those early 1972 examples that also had no rear headrests? (I realize this is a trivial, and perhaps moot point, but I tend to get caught up in the details -- old engineer here, emphasis on old).

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello all - does anyone know where/if the plastic internal support for the rear head rests are available? Please note the attached image. On the right is a new chrome cover, but on the left is the brittle internal support I am referring to and seeking to replace.

Thanks

View attachment 56084

Anybody got a line on these?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks like E9 shelf, isn't it?

Does it have the metal pipes/sockets to fix the headrest in? They are probably on the trunk wall.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
It´s an E9 shelf. The supports do come separately, see comments from HB Chris above
Headrests and supports came from the E3 and are still available, e.g.
from California.
Plus the Chrome Cover from W&N

Last edited:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
The topic was about E3 not E9 - that's why I pointed that.

It is interesting for Others as well as for me how it was mounted on E9.

If you could share some pictures that would be just great.