recycling old BMW parts

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Been a couple years in the making. The 1978 Ford F250 that used to tow my 1967 Airstream Overlander Land Yacht, has been sitting for many years. Would start, (and on a side note, the battery that would start this truck up until this very day, I purchased in 2009!) But I digress. 2 years ago I tried to put this truck back on the road. It would die when put into gear. Freshened entire ignition system, spent countless hours on forums, cleaned, reinstalled EGR and so many other parts, Solution was rebuilding the Motorcraft 2150 Carburettor. Problem solved. Added new muffler, some extreme cleaning, proper 65psi into tires. a few test drives. Good to go. Finally was able to "balance" the superfluous" car parts that have become, well, expendable, and clean up the farm! I had received some, well, suggestions. The E3 FR fender no one wanted, the E23 hood no one needed, the E23 front grill surround, no one remembers, same for its driveshaft, that boat anchor York a/c compressor, pieces of Austin Healey floors, the grotty BBQ grille, the failed, leaking 85 lb floor jack from 1985...well you get the picture. Truck ran great! Then failed to start in front of metal recycling facility. Then tried again and I got 2 more starts out of it and I was back home. I think a new 13 year battery is needed. But I have space
again. If only I could afford the fuel for this massive V8!;)
tempImageJ4Xv6t.pngtempImagejfIDfb.png