Red interior Wanted

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
For '74, panels, lacing, f&r seats, PM or e-mail please, thanks!

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yikes! Their prices are outrageous, especially for the rear seats and armrests. Factor in the installation cost from a professional upholsterer, then you are looking at about $5000 or so. Believe you can go to the same upholsterer and have him do the interior for a lot less money. Chances are that he'll order the same Gahh kit for a lot less money than the 'so called' retail prices. Most quality shops will probably do the completely leather interior for about $3000-$3500, minus the door panels.

Think he just wants a nice condition original red interior that someone may have in their possession and are willing to part with.

Last edited:

Orangener

Reaction score
The E9-wrecker (a 2,5cs) I have found has a red leather interior in it.
I cant say anything about the condition or if it is complete, because I will get the car at least in 2 or 3 weeks to my garage, it is at the moment 100km away from home.
So if you can wait, and the shipping to the States is possible, I can send pictures in a few weeks........

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
I spoke with an installer and he recommended the GAHH folks. His take was that he could not break a seat down, build a pattern, cut, sew install and make any money. He quoted me $750 to install, but said that he might be able to do better on the cost with the supplier. Too bad people have to make a living.

remydedez

Reaction score
hi everybody ;)

i'm also interest for a complet interior kit in burgundy color so if you have a good adress with good price thanks to let me know ;)

because unfortunatly the gahhinc prices are really too much expensive for me... :(

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
what about world upholstery, are they still around? Does Carl still stock some of this stuff?

Gee, for all the chatter about 100k L's (2nd series concours condition notwithstanding) it is NO wonder some L.A. guys using Mexican labor want 2 month's worth of mortgage payment for cheaply-dyed brazilian hide! We sure do wind up f***ing ourselves as hobbiests sometimes!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan,

I forgot how much I like your interior, it looks incredible! Those coco mats are perfect.

Is the carpet dark grey or black?

Vince