Red Screwdrivers

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a large green handle screwdriver that I had rechromed. $100 includes shipping in the US

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so which red one sold (big or little) and what did it sell for - out of curiosity. hadn't seen any come up for sale in a while

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
$199 for both, pretty decent condition, might have one small chip on tip of large one. I sold a very nice pair recently for $175 shipped.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. So red was the only correct colour for e9s?
yes, during the same period BMW made small gray screwdrivers for the 2002 and 320i. Porsche also used the Heyco red handled screwdrivers ... that has driven up the value and scarcity of the RHS

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/d/san-jose-parting-out-1982-bmw-320i-pak/6807488244.html

480DB808-457D-44FB-8A8C-25BFBD1429A4.jpeg

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Say...you can order a key cylinder and key direct from BMW. I did for my 72 bavaria. They then had 95 left.
I ordered in may 2018
They had 96 when I ordered so probably 95 left or so.
You can either pay a lot more to be and have your new lock and key made to the codes found on your doors and trunk lock...or just have them send one off the shelf.
After that if you want all key locks the same there is a place in california I know that can rekey all cylinders to be the same. Let me know.

Last edited:

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
They had 96 when I ordered so probably 95 left or so.
You can either pay a lot more to be and have your new lock and key made to the codes found on your doors and trunk lock...or just have them send one off the shelf.
After that if you want all key locks the same there is a place in california I know that can rekey all cylinders yo bbn e the same. Let me know.

https://www.santamonicalockandsafe.com
And talk to Mike

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had my large red handled screwdriver stolen during a car show. I got one in great shape from LJI for 75 dollars, was about 3 years ago. Wonderful thing was I was at our "Idiotfest" which is a NE e24 outing. When I told this story, 2 people said they had an extra screwdriver and would give it to me for free. That's the BMW classic crowd...glad to be a part of it!.