Reintroduction and some new parts in the works.

AceAndrew

Reaction score
I probably know a number of you guys either directly or indirectly already (either through the 2002FAQ, my past job, or the current day-job), but this is my first foray onto the E9 Forum in a couple years, and the first time writing after starting to do parts on my own.

In the coming months/years I will be producing a number of parts for Coupes along with other vintage BMW’s. To start things off for the Coupes, I finally have the pre-bent Cunifer brake hardline kits sorted out. These are generally made on a to-order basis, but I’ll hopefully be able to keep a set or two ready to go.

42382769115_2cee6262ca_c.jpg

A couple more “coupe-related” parts in process are as follows:
  1. Passenger-side seat fire-extinguisher mount with multiple quick-release options (from fancy leather straps to billet quick-release mounts)

2. Rear License Plate Lights (std. Plastic/chrome version)

3. M30 Triple-Weber Fuel Rails (a la’ vintage Aston Martin style).
I promise that I won’t post any unprovoked “advertisements” here in the general section and will just post new parts in the classifieds section. If anyone has questions, by all means shoot me an email. [email protected]

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Awesome, am interested in the fuel rail, could you do a custom one, my manifold does not make the carbs equidistant like the typical Korman et al styles.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Buy with confidence, folks. Andrew makes quality parts and pays it forward with donations to BMW events like 02MidAmericaFest (where I had many raffle tickets in the bucket for one of his fuel rails.

Ed

AceAndrew

Reaction score
Thank you guys (and thank you Ed! Should have known you would be on here with your project.)

Scott, I am located out here in OrangeCounty/LosAngeles region, just sent you an email back.

Stephen, that sounds like an interesting setup. I should be able to help though, depending on what the clearance under each carb. Glad you recognized the snowman, back when games were games.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Brake line kit...

WHat exactly are the two differences in the kits? I.e. what is "bodyline coiled"???

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm getting old these days.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think I can answer that - I read it on the website :D:

"This kit will replace all the hardlines in your Coupe, save for the body-length line that runs from the front brake master cylinder to the rear T-fitting. That line is available in coiled form as an option."

AceAndrew

Reaction score
Whoops, yes, as Stephen quotes, the difference is that one includes the "bodyline" and the other does not. It is the longest line on the car and I simply send it out as a "coiled" piece for compact shipping. Some people do not want to replace it as it requires the most work.

For example here is the line on a 2002 chassis (note that on the Coupe chassis it is not routed through the transmission tunnel like this).
26516124079_15c14283be_c.jpg

EDIT: The standard kit is $330 and to include the optional "bodyline" would be an additional $40, for a total of $370. Shipping is done via UPS and varies a bit.

Yes, this would require you to roll out the bodyline yourself. Standing the coil up on end, holding down one end with your foot, and then rolling it out works surprisingly well.

Last edited:

AceAndrew

Reaction score
I have. I can do a "coiled" setup for that as well if you wanted. The ends would have a bead-rolled flare to keep tubing from sliding off.

That being said, the fuel system can be individualistic, making "kits" a hit-or-miss. If you were after someone local (who is reasonable but very talented) to do it on the car, I'd call Patrick up there at Midnight Motorsports. He's got to be one of my favorite shops in the country, and he's in your backyard.
https://www.instagram.com/midnightmotorsport/

Rod Cole

Reaction score
I too would be very interested in some photos of item number three: M30 Triple-Weber Fuel Rails because I might want to buy one!!

AceAndrew

Reaction score
Re: The M30 Triple Weber Fuel Rails.

The initial thought was to make a continuous rail like I already do for the M10 (and one M20) engine. See photos below for reference. Very simple, but too risky on an M30.

24549378898_44b51d6839_z.jpg

The problem is that with the M30 setup, that is a LONG ridged hardline that is subjected to quite a few vibrations (even with phenolic spacers). Instead, it would be ultimately visually cleaner and mechanically safer to run the line underneath the carbs with separations using normal rubber hose. The best example of this would be the OEM setup used on the Maserati 3500gt (not the Aston, my mistake). I have a jig going together (sawed-off intake portion of a cracked M30 head) and should have a part ready to start selling in the next 4-6 weeks.

28460802307_fb9ec1622e_z.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hijack... check the dizzy on that Maserati... dwell becomes very important part of tuning that one. (maybe 123Ignition makes a replacement... :) )

Now back to our regularly-scheduled thread...

Ed

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Re: The M30 Triple Weber Fuel Rails.

The initial thought was to make a continuous rail like I already do for the M10 (and one M20) engine. See photos below for reference. Very simple, but too risky on an M30.

24549378898_44b51d6839_z.jpg

The problem is that with the M30 setup, that is a LONG ridged hardline that is subjected to quite a few vibrations (even with phenolic spacers). Instead, it would be ultimately visually cleaner and mechanically safer to run the line underneath the carbs with separations using normal rubber hose. The best example of this would be the OEM setup used on the Maserati 3500gt (not the Aston, my mistake). I have a jig going together (sawed-off intake portion of a cracked M30 head) and should have a part ready to start selling in the next 4-6 weeks.

28460802307_fb9ec1622e_z.jpg
I recognize the physical concerns with the solid rail - but it sure does look beautiful. ;)