Replacement gasket for oil cap

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In order too replace the original metal oil cap gasket, there is no part number. I've bought the ugly cheapo plastic oil caps from BMW only for the gasket. Also, the fuel cap gasket is available and fits but I've never been satisfied with either of these 2 options. I just found a gasket that fits right off the shelf, and it fills the entire underside of the cap, tucked under the curved edges. The previous ones are a few mm short of the edges, inviting the inevitable leak. I have a thin home made gasket installed underneath to make it a little tighter, you may not need this because this repacement is thicker than the others. The gasket is Danco rubber washer part number 61275, the size 2-3/8" OD x1-1/2" ID x 1/8" and available on Amazon:

Have fun!

Old one at the bottom, new one fits snuggly in:
IMG_7946.jpg

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
In order too replace the original metal oil cap gasket, there is no part number. I've bought the ugly cheapo plastic oil caps from BMW only for the gasket. Also, the fuel cap gasket is available and fits but I've never been satisfied with either of these 2 options. I just found a gasket that fits right off the shelf, and it fills the entire underside of the cap, tucked under the curved edges. The previous ones are a few mm short of the edges, inviting the inevitable leak. I have a thin home made gasket installed underneath to make it a little tighter, you may not need this because this repacement is thicker than the others. The gasket is Danco rubber washer part number 61275, the size 2-3/8" OD x1-1/2" ID x 1/8" and available on Amazon:

Have fun!

Old one at the bottom, new one fits snuggly in:
View attachment 109368

just make sure that is nbr quality