RHD Csi for sale , England UK

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Simufly this was the car I was thinking of buying if you hadn’t sold me yours :) .

Interesting it never sold and is only up for sale again now. However I seem to remember the seller wasn’t well so that would possibly explain it.

I’m guessing they replaced the interior (incorrectly for a facelift car) when they restored it.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some pics I have:

9492CB35-42C2-42F9-AA18-9C5CE82D1FD4.jpeg

DD5E3FA6-D7AB-434D-9B17-FBA5D95A95B3.jpeg

A457BE02-9C0A-4F33-BF2B-DFA3DEDECDA4.jpeg

EFBE4F72-EA09-4597-9284-12F8BDF49A17.jpeg

68CE6472-8134-49CD-845F-6FA1EC56103A.jpeg

C4C7DF90-248E-44E2-8B9B-E6C3C054C8F3.jpeg

Simufly

Reaction score
Ah in that case it a series one car and the seat are right. Must have been on a different plate at some stage, if as the ad suggests it’s a 75 reg car.

Obsession

Reaction score

Were you happy with the condition of the inner wings, bulkhead, rails etc where they normally go?

I saw it pop up as well and was thinking of going to see it.

Whatever the dealer will say about its condition will be regarded as empty rhetoric and nothing of consequence.

I would much rather listen to an E9 members thoughts on how good the car was/is at time of viewing.

Thanks!!

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Were you happy with the condition of the inner wings, bulkhead, rails etc where they normally go?

I saw it pop up as well and was thinking of going to see it.

Whatever the dealer will say about its condition will be regarded as empty rhetoric and nothing of consequence.

I would much rather listen to an E9 members thoughts on how good the car was/is at time of viewing.

Thanks!!

I never actually saw it in the flesh...I preferred the originality of Simon’s car which I eventually bought.

I can’t find my notes from the discussions with the seller either. Sorry not much help.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
There looks to be something misaligned in the engine bay, the rubber boot between the air box and the throttle body should be straighter than that. Perhaps engine mounts? Might cause clearance issues with the rad and fan?

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
There looks to be something misaligned in the engine bay, the rubber boot between the air box and the throttle body should be straighter than that. Perhaps engine mounts? Might cause clearance issues with the rad and fan?

maybe a little but I don’t think it’s far off from mine.
1611866266308.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks to me like the airbox is too far back, it's bumping up against the washer fluid tank.

damienh

Reaction score
My car is a series one, registered '75 in the UK, but made in '73 according to BMW. So nothing untoward there I don't think. I read somewhere that many newly imported models sat on forecourts unsold for a year or more in the UK, which is why the UK dealers added so many vinyl roofs to try and shift them.