RHD Inka Coupe auction- England

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
There should be an illuminated sign that says "Mind the Gap." The passenger door handle, driver side for us in the American Colony, is a half inch low from 20 feet.

I was being too polite (British) to mention that, so I thought I would stick to the interior :D

Last edited:

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is £23k such a lot of money for a CS with 3.5 engine, 5 speed trans, lsd etc? Perhaps Sandhu was suggesting it was cheap?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i agree with Rek, this was a bargain . That's 27.4k euro.... normally you can buy a "wreck" here for that price….. to start restoration…..
another sign "oldtimers" are losing value as ever ??

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
i agree with Rek, this was a bargain . That's 27.4k euro.... normally you can buy a "wreck" here for that price….. to start restoration…..
another sign "oldtimers" are losing value as ever ??

not sure they’re losing value. You pay a premium for a quality original car. It is after all a CS that has been improved.

Good price though for what it is.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
not so sure Michael, this "could" have been a far way better start than my blue CS i bought for 21K some years ago. This one not as it is RHD , but it says something in general. IF the restoration story is correct..... wow.

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
The owner of this one is/was on this forum, "The Don" he has the rebuild on here and was asking £ 39000 in June this year and it was a comprehensive rebuild, maybe someone could bring up the link to it.

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
The owner of this one is/was on this forum, "The Don" he has the rebuild on here and was asking £ 3900 in June this year and it was a comprehensive rebuild, maybe someone could bring up the link to it.

Well after looking at the restoration pics, perhaps I was harsh. The owner obviously had the best intent on the restoration. The car was stripped to the tub and appears substantial work was done at that level. Perhaps the cars reassembly was rushed or done without specific coupe knowledge. Whatever the case, that appears to be a great deal. Of course the devils in the details. It would have been interesting to see this car in the flesh to determine how off things were...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From June

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would pay more than £23k for this car.
All that work, no risk of the expensive repair bills, this car was a real bargain.
Anyone want. CSI for £50k?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i'm beginning to think the £23k is a typo on that site.... perhaps £32k ? which is still "cheap" after all that work…..