RIMS

Knut

Reaction score
I am looking for used 16" or 17"rims for my csi. Does anybody know which earlier BMW model types have rims that fit my car? Does 17x8, from a 318, 1996 mod fit?

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As a general rule, no 5 bolt wheel for any 3 series fits the e9 without using a thick (too think, IMO) hub spacer. 5 bolt 3 series wheels have offets in the 30mm range, and the e9 wants an offset of about 11mm for a 7" wide wheel on the front. 20mm offset works on the back.

You'll find most people end up using the classic staggered 7x16" and 8x16" fitment because that's about all that works well on an e9. People have successfully fit other wheels, but there are usually interference issues to overcome on the front.

If you can find a set, the 8 series used 8x16's with an offset of 13mm. I think those wheels fit with minimal issues other than the need to roll the front fender lips.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
am i right in thinking that a set of alpina 16" alloys 7j & 8j taken from an e28 M535i will just bolt straight onto my csi without anyneed for spacers / adapters and nothing needing to be done to the front wheelarches for clearance ?

any ifo gratefully received thanks guys

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score