RM - The Bavarian Legends Collection 72 CSi

m73

Reaction score
NMNA -- looks nice

9af6fd47ff1b9a26865649750f7d8c4ff474ee38.jpg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just can’t get past those horrid wheels.
Wheels are an easy fix. Why such a low estimate? 60-80K Euros, with where the Euro is at right now seems like extremely low valuation. Yes it's missing the red screw drivers.../sarc. What am I missing here? '72 is best year to me, CSI, nice color combo...I don't get it. RM usually has high valuations...

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why such a low estimate? 60-80K Euros, with where the Euro is at right now seems like extremely low valuation. Yes it's missing the red screw drivers.../sarc. What am I missing here? '72 is best year to me, CSI, nice color combo...I don't get it. RM usually has high valuations...
Auction estimates are interesting. I think that auction houses take two approaches,
  • Low estimates to encourage bidding with the thought that auction fever will set in once you place a low bid.
  • High estimates to encourage bidders to offer a higher bid earlier, thus increasing total yield
in this case I think it is the green handled screwdrivers that are keeping the estimate low:cool:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It has other issues as well, check out the front seat shoulders, sewn and not folded, no underside photos, four slat grille, etc. tells me someone may have done a quick but not careful restoration.

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
and don’t forget, the car was just sitting in a museum since 2015. So expect some mechanical work.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and don’t forget, the car was just sitting in a museum since 2015. So expect some mechanical work.
Agreed...but maybe somebody will be pleasantly surprised to the upside. Without much digging it looks like a nice car. 7 years of sitting is a while, I hate having them sit for the Winter.

Last edited: